Chapter 30 - Sweet torture

Reyna's POV
Wondering why the sky was dark, I peeked between the blinds and sighed. The sun was hiding behind heavy dark rain clouds. Leaves rustling in the air, people seeking shelter. It was going to be yet another rainy day.

Beep beep.
My phone vibrated, and I picked it up from the table. I took a glance at the screen.

2 unread messages from hubby,
6:30 PM: it looks like it's about to rain babe. I hope you're indoors, I don't want you getting wet.
6:35 PM: I'm sorry babe, but I'm gonna be late tonight. Don't wait up for me.

I sighed and decided against making dinner. This happens at least 4 times a month-When he gets super busy with work. I prepared the bed and fell asleep.

While I was sleeping, I felt warm hands wrapped around my waist.
"You came?" I asked, my eyes still closed.
"Yeah, I missed you. Go back to sleep" he said caressing my hair.

****
The next morning...
"Good morning" I whispered into his ears, he was still asleep. I didn't bother waking him up.

I made breakfast for us and his lunch too.
I set the food on the table and started eating.
He walked downstairs fully dressed,

"Good morning," he said with a flashy smile.
"Morning", I said with a smile. I took a bowl of grapes I'd kept aside and started eating it slowly.

He finished his breakfast, grabbed his lunch, and walked towards me; placing a kiss on my forehead.
"Bye, I'll be back home early tonight," he said.
I hummed in response as I watched him approach the main door.

"Reyna, have you seen my laptop?" He said. It was on our bedside table but I thought about teasing him a little.

"I saw it by the TV table earlier" I lied. He searched there but couldn't find it.
"Couch?"
He searched again but couldn't find it.
"I remember now, it's by the cutlery drawer in the dining"

"Stop this childishness. Just tell me where the h*ll my laptop is" he yelled pushing the porcelain tile vase, which was placed on the table near the dining.

"On our bedside table," I said in a shaking tone.
He stormed up the stairs, grabbed his laptop, and left slamming the door shut.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't expect things to turn out this way and now he's angry. I pushed my thoughts aside and walked over to the broken pieces.

I picked it up piece by piece and it cut my hand. Again tears formed. I put all the broken pieces back on the floor and walked away.

Andre's POV
I shouldn't have yelled at her. I walked into the house, it was dark. I flicked the light switch on, the house was a mess. Technically, the mess I'd created this morning.

The broken tile was still on the floor but with red liquid over it. I dropped my bag and cleaned up my mess.

Seeing the state the house was in, I knew she hadn't eaten yet. I ordered takeout.

Once I was done, I went up to our room; which was dark too. I turned on the light and Reyna was laying down with her back facing me.

I crouched beside her, her face was dried with tears.  I looked at her hand which was floating in the air, with dried blood.

"Why didn't you clean up your wound?" I asked but she didn't say anything. I held her hand and she pulled it away hitting it on the table.

I got the medicine kit out of the cupboard and cleaned her wound. I nicely bandaged it; she didn't flinch a little.

She turned again, her back greeting me.
"Sweet--
Before I could complete my sentence the doorbell rang. I left to answer it.
It was the pizza delivery guy. I paid and took it straight to our room.

I helped her up and she didn't spare me a glance. I brought a pizza piece close to her mouth
"Open wide," I said smiling, she ignored me and took a slice using the hand she had hurt. Ouch! She'd rather get hurt again than let me feed her.

She walked towards the bathroom after eating.
"Do you need any help? You're --
She slammed the bathroom door shut.
I was hurt, I'd never seen her react this way before.

I took a shower in the guest room and hurried back to our room.

Looks like I'm gonna need to hit the shower again.
She walked out in just a baggy shirt and no bottoms; her bare legs exposed.
I tried to talk things out.
"Reyna--
She cut me off yet again. "What? You want me to sleep in the guest room?"
Ooh, Sweet torture. I knew what she was doing.
"No. Let's go to bed"
She laid on her side and so did I.

I felt the tension rising. I inched closer to her about to wrap my hands around her.

"Don't you dare come any closer" she fired.
She's seducing me. Well, it just
Turns out it's gonna be a long night.

To be continued...