Chapter 9 - late night snacks

Andre's POV
She walked out of the washroom wiping her silky black hair. The length of her hair stopped at her waist.

She looked so small in my clothes, yet so adorable.
"The hair dryer is on the table in the closet" I pointed towards the closet door seeing her struggling to dry her hair.

She walked out moments later with her hair dried.
She walked towards me and sat beside me on the couch.

It was awkwardly silent between us. I was going to break the silence but she spoke first.
"You should sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch," she said with a smile. She had beaten me to it. I was going to say the same thing.

I was astonished by her words.
"It wouldn't be right if I let you sleep on the couch. You should sleep on the bed"

" Um.. we could share the bed," she said avoiding eye contact.

"Are you sure?"

" Um yeah. We're married after all"
" Okay. Which side of the bed do you prefer?"
" The left side"
" That's good, I prefer the right side "

" Um.. are you going to sleep without a shirt?" She asked looking so nervous.
" Yeah. I usually sleep shirtless but if you're uncomfortable, I could put on a shirt"
" Yes please," she said.
I went into the closet and changed into a navy blue shirt.

We both lay on our sides and covered ourselves with the bedspread.

A gentle tap on my shoulder woke me up.
I looked up to see Reyna.
" I'm so sorry to disturb you but.."
Just then her belly growled and I chuckled, she looked at me for a moment embarrassed before continuing.
"I was wondering... it's not.." I interrupted her seeing she couldn't say it.
"You want to grab a late-night snack? Is that it?" I  said and laughed at how cute she was trying to say she was hungry but I guess she got super embarrassed because she replied,
" I'm sorry.. good night," she said turning her back towards me.

"I'm sorry, I was just teasing you... I would not want you to sleep on an empty stomach" I said and she turned to me.
" I' m glad you understand me. I didn't get the chance to eat because of the wedding. I wasn't allowed to eat anything that would cause my dress not to fit. I felt super embarrassed about telling you"

"I'm sorry about that. You don't have to feel embarrassed around me. You can tell me anything and I'll understand you. " 
"I will," she said with a smile.

"Okay. We should sneak into the kitchen and we have to be super quiet"
"Okay"

I got out of bed and quietly led her to the kitchen. I quietly closed the door behind us.

" So what do you wanna eat?" I asked
" Peanut butter sandwich and warm milk"
She said.
"Okay. I'll make it for you. Sit"
" I don't want to bother you. I'll do it instead. I make it all the time at home and I'm sure you'll love it" she said smiling.
"Okay"
I told her where she could find all the ingredients she needed.

She was struggling to get her hair away from her face and I wanted to help. She suddenly turned in fright. I held her by her waist to keep her stable and covered her mouth with my hand because she was about to scream.
" Shh... I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you" I said letting go of her.

" Yeah... I .. was.. pretty..startled" she tied her hair and continued.

I was standing beside her. " Have a bite" she said bringing a piece close to my mouth.
"I'm sorry," she said dropping her hand.
"It's become like a reflex action of mine. I always made my maid, Anna taste "
I didn't reply rather, I took her hand and made her feed me.

"Hmm.. this is good," I said
"Glad you like it"

We ate and cleaned up all the utensils and went back to our room before anyone saw us.

We chose our sides and lay comfortably.