Chapter 29 - " Paying off my debt?"

Andre's POV
"Aww! That's wonderful" Reyna said to her sister. I could hear them talking in the living room. I didn't know how to face Annie or how she'd react if she sees me. But I can't hide forever, right?

I summoned up courage and approached them.

"Annie, please forgive me. I'll even kiss your feet if-
She cut me off midway. "Oh, please. Reyna, is your husband by any chance shooting a soap opera? Where are the cameras?" She said and they burst out laughing. Well, even I was surprised at my statement.

Annie then glared at me. "I've got other plans, Andre, you just have to pay off your debt that's all. It won't be much, seeing that my sister is happy at the moment."

Paying off my debt? what does she mean?
"You'll understand that later," she said as if she knew what I was thinking about.

She scanned me with her eyes head to toe. "That won't do, change into comfy clothes. off you go" she said.
looking at them - Reyna and her sister; were dressed alike, both in high-waist jeans and crop tops.

I went inside and changed into baggy pants and a shirt.
"That's more like it, "she said as soon as she saw me.

"I'm taking the wheels. Hand over the keys"
She said stretching a hand forward.
I reluctantly dropped the keys to my Rolls Royce on her palm.

She just smiled and headed to the garage.
"Nice car," she said pulling it up at the front of the house.
"Get in"

Reyna got in at the front and I sat at the back, she drove for a while before making a stop at a restaurant.

......
"Menu please "
"What would you like to order Miss?" the waiter asked Reyna.
"A brunch special and some dessert too "she answered
"And you miss?" He said referring to Annie.

"I'm a bit indecisive. I want everything on the Lunch menu from top to bottom."
what? top to bottom they've got to be kidding me right?
"What about you sir?"
"Just iced americano "

I watched as the two sisters devoured their food upon its arrival. It was such a sight.
"Why'd you make me wear comfy clothes to a restaurant," I asked, looking around people were dressed in suits and formal Wear. It felt awkward kind of.
"Relax, it's not like you're going to run into a client here, "Annie said.

"Andre" I heard someone call out from behind.
I turned around and I couldn't have been more horrified.
I'd been jinxed by Annie.
"Oops" she let out, knowing I'd just run into a client.

"Mr. Anderson, please, " I said leading him to a table nearby.
"Well, I didn't think I'd run into you at a place like this. Coincidence maybe?"
"Yeah, what brings you here?" I asked
"I'm supposed to meet a certain investor...."
He kept on talking about business but my mind wasn't there.

"Mr. Anderson, I'm sorry but we're gonna have to discuss this on Monday. I'm booked on my weekend; family. I hope you understand " I said getting on my feet.
"Sure, I understand family comes first. Then Monday it is, have a lovely weekend " he said
I went back to our table. They were almost done with their meal.
"Bill, please" Reyna requested.
The waiter brought it and handed it to me.

"That's a lot of zeros don't you think ?" I said and a chuckle was all I got in response. I paid the bill and we exited the restaurant.
"Where to next? " I asked
"Dreamland roller rink," they both said in unison.
Now I get it, the comfy clothes are for skating.
She parked in front of the dreamland roller rink center.
I paid for the tickets and got ourselves roller skates.

Annie got a phone call, she sat on a bench nearby as Reyna and I slowly skated. Just then one of my favorite love songs came on -- Perfect by Ed Sheeran.

I found a love, for me
Darling just dive right in and
follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
' cause, we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was--

"Would you like to dance and skate ?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure," she said. I placed my left hand around her waist. Her right hand rested on my shoulder, the other hand intertwined with mine. We slowly danced along with the song.
The music faded away but we were still so close. A voice said from behind.

"All the love dancing is blinding me," Annie said making us pull away from each other.
"Come skate with us, it's no fun if you're not skating," Reyna said pulling Annie onto the rink. We skated for a while.

I was going to drop Annie off at home but she insisted on having ramen.
I stopped by a Japanese restaurant.
"Konnichiwa" Annie greeted the waiter, he looked a bit puzzled.
"Ma'am, I speak English," he said.
I was trying so hard not to laugh.
"Okay, three bowls of ramen noodles"

We ate and dropped her off.

"Today was fun, I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend my weekend. Thanks, Andre" she said, I wasn't expecting that.
"Anytime Annie"
"Take care you two"
"We will" Reyna responded.
We arrived home super tired, we freshened up and went straight to bed.

.....
I concluded that there wasn't a debt to pay. She just wanted us to have a fun weekend together.
She's so cool.