Chapter 53 - Obnoxious boss..

Her alarm had gone off to snooze twice. Irritated by the sound she groaned before waking up. She looked at her phone screen to turn off the alarm.
" Holy sh*t" she screamed, it was 6:45am already.

She got out of her duvet, dashing straight for the bathroom.

But it was occupied. " sweetie are you in there?"
"Yes mommy, I'm brushing my teeth"
"Could you hurry up sweetie? Mommy's in a hurry"
"Okay mommy, I'll be out in a minute"
She helped jasmine get ready.
"Go have breakfast okay?"
"Okay"

She came out wearing a sky blue long-sleeved shirt tucked in a black pencil knee-length skirt.
"Who are you and how'd you get into my house?" Annie asked sarcastically about seeing Amelia.

She'd dyed her hair chestnut brown. She wore a transparent glass and she had fake freckles on her face.

"If you don't recognize me that's a good thing. It means my disguise worked" she said with a smile plastered across her face.
"What look are you going for? I liked your natural black long hair. Why'd you dye it brown?" Annie said.

"Nerdy personal assistant is what I'm going for.
I had to dye it, I liked my black hair too."
"This color suits you. Why are you disguising again?" She asked like Amelia had told her before.

"Invisibility. I don't want attention."
"Clock is ticking. You're gonna be late on the first day, a bad impression"
"Shoot. Archie, can I take the car? Please... I'm running late and I have to drop Jasmine off"
"Fine, drop me off on your way"
"Thanks.. bye Annie"
..

"Caught up with all you've missed yet?" Amelia asked Jasmine as they got to her school.
"No mommy. I still have a month's worth and my classroom teacher told me that if I took extra classes every day I'll catch up in less than 3 weeks" Jasmine answered.
"Okay honey, I'll speak to her when I pick you up today"
"Okay. Bye mommy"
"Bye, my love," she said planting a kiss on her forehead.

She headed straight for AD'S DUDS. She parked in the parking lot.
She walked in through the revolving doors and made her way to the reception.

"Hi, good morning. I'm Amelia, the newly assigned PA to the president."
She just realized that she didn't know his name.

"Could you please direct me to his office?"
"Sure. Congrats, I'm Mandy by the way"
"Nice to meet you"
"Take the elevator by my right. Twelfth floor, first office by your right"
" Thanks"

She got into the elevator and clicked her floor and waited patiently.
The elevator door opened, she walked into the hallway and found the office.

She nervously knocked on the door, but she didn't get an immediate response.
She debated whether to go in or not. She ended up knocking again.

"Come in," a husky voice said.
She adjusted herself before twisting the doorknob.
"Good morning, sir. I'm-
He cut her off midway. "My newly assigned PA" he finished. He had his chair backing her. He abruptly turned and slammed his fist on the table; causing her to shriek. "You're late," he said.

She gained composure. " I'm sorry sir. It's my first day and I wanted to make an impression but I lost track of time"

"You made an impression-a bad one"
He said.
He scanned her from her toe upwards. She had sexy curves, and his eyes lingered around her tiny waistline, before moving to her upper body. He held his gaze at her chest region. He stopped to finally behold the face of this amazing body, but the look on his face screamed disappointment. He wasn't expecting a nerdy face.

He stood up and walked towards her. She hadn't been able to look at him or hold a gaze.
He was intimidating. She just stared at the floor instead.
"So you're my new personal assistant"
"Yes sir," she said almost instantly.
"Clean my office," he said sternly.
"What? But, I'm not the janitor" she responded.

"You're fir-
"Just kidding sir, I'll clean it"
He just walked out of the office.

What an obnoxious boss...
How could he make me clean on my first day?
Argh.. but I feel like I deserve it for being late.
This is not how I envisioned my first day. She thought to herself.

She tied her hair in a ponytail. She went on to arrange the scattered files on his desk. She emptied the trash bin, she positioned the pillows on the mini sofa. There wasn't much left to be done.

He walked in. " sir, I'm done"
"So soon?" He stared around trying to sight an error.
He had to admit that she'd done justice to his office.
"Take the rest of the day off. Wasn't like you were prepared for work today" he said walking past her. He took his seat and turned the chair backward.
"Okay sir," she said before taking her to leave.

She hung around at a coffee shop close to Jasmine's school.
Once it was time to pick her up, she drove over. She spoke to Jasmine's teacher about Jasmine taking extra classes. She agreed and Jasmine was to start the following day.

"How was your first day?"
"Not what I imagined but it was okay"
"Okay. So.. is your boss handsome? I bet he's rude judging from the look on your face"
"Yes, he's rude. Handsome? I don't know"
"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"I don't know. I couldn't get a glimpse of his face. He was intimidating, so I stared at the floor instead. I could only see his lips moving"
"This is surreal. You don't even know what your boss looks like"
"And I don't know his name too" she added.
"That's just messed up," Annie said in bewilderment.

"He's letting me have a do-over. Tomorrow's more like my first day now"
"Isn't that nice? A PA should know important details about her boss"
"Yes, yes. I'll figure it all out tomorrow"