Chapter 68 - Silent treatment

AMELIA...
Mason had screened all my texts and calls. I couldn't blame him, I'd have done the same if I was in his shoes. I didn't feel like going to work, I wanted to cry all day in the comfort of my bed, but Annie wouldn't let me.
"Get up, missy. You're gonna be late. I made you breakfast"
"I'm not hungry," I said covering myself with the duvet.
"Oh c'mon. You and I know you don't skip your meals"
"Well, today I am"
"Hey, what's wrong?" she said placing her hand on her leg.

I sat up straight and tears gathered in my eyes.
"Mom"
"My baby," I said and pulled her into a bear hug, crying my eyes out.
"Mommy, why are you crying?" she innocently asked. I pulled away, wiping my tears.
"It's nothing, sweetheart. I just missed you so much" I lied.
"I'm right here, mommy," she said laying on my thighs. She's grown so much.
"Jasmine, could you give your mom and me a minute?" Annie said.
"Okay, Aunt. Don't cry, mommy"
I nodded as she skipped out of the room.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"
I hadn't told her I was dating Mason, I hadn't updated her on anything going on in my life.
"Annie, I'm in a mess" I cried while narrating everything to her, in tears. She looked stunned.
"I can't believe it. How? Why? Your boss?Mason? Why am I just hearing this now?"
"I'm sorry. I had way too much on my mind, it slipped my mind a couple of times. Yes, I'm stupid for letting my boss guilt-trap me in his words and then make me cheat on my boyfriend. Annie, Mason won't talk to me, he doesn't believe that I wasn't in on it" I cried and laid down on her thighs.

"Shh... I'm sorry." she moved her hands up and down my back.
"I don't think happiness is in it for me."
"Don't say that. Give yourself a break from all those thoughts. Yes, you screwed up a perfect relationship with Mason, it's not the end of the world missy. There are many fishes in the ocean" I know she was trying to make me feel better. But it wasn't working.
"Annie, but no one can make me feel the way Mason makes me feel"
"Can you hear yourself? What does that sentence even mean? Just give Mason some space, don't rush him." she said

"But, I miss him. Should we just move to the suburbs and live a rural life away from all this glamor?"
"This Mason guy got you real good. Take a shower right now and get dressed for work. I'm gonna have to microwave your breakfast" she said walking out of the room before I could say a word. I did as she said, kicking myself off the bed.

I got ready and met everyone having breakfast.
"Hey, family"
"Sit, let's eat"
After eating, I said goodbye to everyone; especially to the kids.

I stood right outside the building, nervous. How was I gonna face him? I walked in, leaving all my thoughts outside.
"I'm so sorry, Amelia. I don't know what came over me, I'm sorry" he begged once I walked into my office. Turns out he'd been waiting for me.
"I don't have anything to say to you, so please leave. You've done enough"
"I didn't mean it, I mean I-
"You can't even get your words straight" I walked past him and hung my bag on a shelf.

"We have the runway show coming up. I've got a list of models that'll show up and some other things done. Run them through Mason and let me know what else we need to do." he said and simply walked out. What a jerk. At least I had an excuse to see Mason.
I walked into his office but he was discussing something with Karen.
"Excuse me, Mason."
"It's Mr. Miller" he corrected without glancing at me.
"Mr miller, I-
"Karen, whatever Miss Jones has to say, could you listen and then brief me?" he said. Did he hate me that much?

"Here, are the files, I'll be on my way now" I dropped it on his desk and left, holding in tears. He was giving me the silent treatment.
I was just going to bury myself in work to the point where I had no time for my thoughts.