Chapter 23 - First kiss..

Reyna's POV
I woke up to a splitting headache. I was hungover. I stared at my side and Andre wasn't in bed. I checked myself and I wasn't wearing any piece of clothing from last night. I was in PJs. Did he take advantage of me in my vulnerable state? Why can't I remember anything?

He came into the room " you're awake" he said and I jumped on his back, pulling at his hair strands,
"How could you?" I kept yelling out.
"It hurts Reyna," he said while walking down the stairs.

I felt someone hit me on my back and I safely fell to the floor "ouch! Annie?"  I was surprised. What was she doing here? Why didn't she call?

"Haven't you put him through enough already?" She said. What was she talking about? He took advantage of me.

"What do you mean?" I asked,
"You kept insisting that he helped you shower and he reluctantly agreed to pacify you. He called me to help him out. There was no cab so, I had to drive there. You were such a handful. You were against the idea of me helping you. Poor guy didn't get any sleep because he was busy watching you all night, making sure you were okay and this is how you treat him?"

What? He didn't take advantage of me? I insisted he helped me shower?
"Never drink alcohol again Reyna. I'll leave you both to talk"

" I... I'm sorry I misunderstood you" I said.
Suddenly a strange memory surfaced.
"You remember right? I guess I've lost a ton of hair and what do I get as compensation for putting up with that handful side of yours?
Hmm, how 'bout that kiss you were talking about last night?" He said coming close to me.

What had I done? I shouldn't have blurted it out but " fine" I agreed.

He pulled me by my waist, I closed my eyes waiting for him to kiss me, but he didn't. I opened my eyes and saw him smiling. He was teasing me; I pushed him. I was about to walk away when he pulled me, his lips crashing against mine. I allowed him to kiss me.
My first kiss...

He let go of me and I suddenly felt weak in the knees.
"Let's make breakfast. Shall we?"
I was chopping the carrots, and he suddenly hugged me from behind, making me beam with excitement.

"Dre, Annie might see us"
"We're married, aren't we? And besides, Annie is understanding"
"Okay" I turned to the side and saw Annie smiling at us. She waved her hands in a manner that said 'carry on'
"I'll just check if Annie will join us for breakfast"
"Okay. I'll be waiting"

"Annie, thank you"
"Don't mention it. Have fun with hubby"
"Will you be joining us for breakfast?"
"Nope, sorry. I've gotta get to work but I'm sure Andre is free to help you out with whatever you want" she said winking at me

"Quit teasing me" 
"Maybe I will, when you become a mom"
"That's not fair"
"Why? Don't you wanna be a mom?"
"It's not that. It's still a few miles away"
"Good luck, hopefully, you'll arrive at the destination soon. Gotta run, love you"
She hugged me before leaving.

"I guess we'll be having breakfast, just the two of us," Andre said smiling sheepishly.

A Month Later...
Reyna's POV
"Dre, I'm pregnant," I said smiling,
"That's great news, babe," he said and hugged me.
My phone rang and I excused myself
"Hey Reyna," Tasha said. I haven't heard from
Her in a while.
"Hey, babe. I've missed you so much" I said.
Andre pulled me and hit me across the face      
"Dre!" I said holding onto my cheek

" 'babe'? How am I sure that you're carrying my baby?" He said and hit me again.
"You've got the wrong idea dre. It's not what you think. The baby is ours Dre" I said
"Lies lies," he said and started hitting me
"Dre, please stop. I'm pregnant" I pleaded with him to stop but he didn't.

I screamed when I saw blood. My baby...
"No no...no.no. you just murdered our baby Dre" I said crying.

"No...." I jolted from my sleep and looked around. It was just a dream.
Andre hugged me from the side.
"It was just a nightmare. You're fine" he said.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"No. Please, I'd rather not"
"It's fine. You're sweating profusely, Take a shower and I'll make breakfast"  he said and I nodded.

I felt better after seeing him make breakfast. He looked so serious yet cute.
"Sit. Breakfast is ready" he said
We had breakfast and went out for a walk.