Chapter 49 - Wedding shopping..

The doorbell kept ringing nonstop.
Annie got up to check who it was. It was late at night, 2 am maybe.
It was cold, so who could be out there at this time?

She opened the door and Amelia fell into the house, shivering intensely. Annie closed the door and grabbed a blanket before putting it around her. She led her to the fireplace and lit it up. Making her a bit warm.

"I'll get you warm water," Annie said about to leave.
"Annie.." she said, suddenly bursting into tears.
"Why aren't you questioning me? Why'd you let me back in? Why are you still so nice?--
"I'll get you water," she said almost immediately without glancing at her.

"Annie, I'm sorry--
"I said I'll get you water," Annie said again but more high-pitched.
Amelia didn't say anything else. Annie got her the water, she drank it, and pushed it aside.

"Annie," she said crawling to where Annie sat.
Holding onto her feet.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said earlier. I said a lot of stupid things that I didn't mean. I made a mountain out of a molehill. It wasn't about the fact that you gave birth out of wedlock. I was just scared,.." she cried more.
"Stop crying, I'm mad at you and you're making me cry and I shouldn't," she said sniffing in tears.

"I'm sorry.. I.. I'm just scared-
"What are you scared of?"
"Scared of you leaving me. When you said you haven't gotten married and were making plans. I thought I'd be abandoned, so I tried to make you choose between me and Archie. I felt like my place in your life was threatened. Because you've got a new family with Archie now. And .. I.I'm sorry" she said breaking down into another phase of tears.

"You stupid little girl.." Annie said crying.
"You're my family. My only sister, I can't live without you, more or less abandon you. It's you and me against the world always. Don't you ever forget that."
"Annie.." she cried as Annie pulled her into a hug.

"Quit doing things you're gonna be sorry for. My ears are getting tired of hearing you apologize all the freaking time" Annie said and Amelia just nodded.
"Don't doubt my love for you."
"I won't.. I promise"

"Aww, little bonding time.. sorry to interrupt but, Zach's awake and he won't stop crying. At this rate, I won't get any sleep, so could either one of you help with the baby?" Archie said looking stressed.

They both chuckled.
"I'll help with the baby," Amelia said
"Thank you" Archie responded.
"Archie.."
"Yes.."
"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry about earlier. I—
"It's fine.. I understand you feel a bit threatened by my presence, but trust me, I'll Never drive a wedge between you and your sister. I love her so much, her family is mine"
Archie said glancing at Annie.

"Aww," Annie said running into his arms.
"Okay. I'm gonna go check on the baby before you both make me realize how single I am"
Amelia said.

...

"Where are you both off to.. tiptoeing like that?"Archie said raising a questioning brow. They were trying to leave without getting noticed.

What a bummer, busted!!!.

"Arg.. we're going wedding shopping..okay?"
Annie said.
"Without the baby?"
"My goodness, Archie.. just take care of the baby. We'll be back early okay?.. love you"
Annie said pulling Amelia out the door before Archie could stop them.

Amelia made Annie try out a lot of dresses, disapproving of every single one Annie had tried.
"Make up your mind already, I'm getting tired" Annie whined.

"Just this one. I promise, if you don't like it, we'll go with your former choice"
"Fine. Just this one" Annie said grabbing the dress off the shelf.

She came out and Amelia dropped her glasses.
"This is it. This is the one. Gosh, you look drop-dead gorgeous." Amelia said.
"You think so?"
"I know so. Do a little turn"
Annie slowly turned. The dress had a crisscross at the back. It was a strapless wedding dress.

"Archie's jaw is gonna drop when he sees you walking down the aisle"
"He's gonna propose to you a second time" Amelia added.

"I'm gonna tell them to wrap it up, with matching shoes," Annie said blushing at the thought of Archie's expression.

"Let's get you married..missy," Amelia said locking arms with Annie as soon as they left the mall.