Chapter: I wish I never had brothers (Editted)

CLARISSA CLIFFORD P.O.V

It's safe to say, I hate my life. Call me a suicidal, but try to live a day in my world. Try to live with brothers who hates every fiber of your existence, brothers who feed you to pain everyday and reminds you of how worthless you are. Then you'll understand why I wish for death everyday. But you know what hurts most? Is that these same brothers who'd become my worst nightmare, used to be my knights when I was seven years old but everything changed drastically when our father died. No, everything changed when I killed our father!

I don't even want to remember how much of a mess I was back then. Everything was just so traumatic and for several months, I was a walking corpse. My once happy family became something else. But my mother was there for me, infact she became closer to me after dad's death doing all she could to make me heal. But how could I ever heal with the guilt of killing my own father? And brothers suddenly changed towards me. They saw me as an outcast, as a murderer and mother taking taking my sides wasn't helping. It only made them grew more hatred towards me and somehow I don't blame them. I mean we were all kids back then and that's how I grew up into a teenager with brothers who hates me.

•••

Everywhere was dark. It was a very familiar feeling. After battling my lashes for a while, they suddenly flickered open and I found myself in, yet another familiar premise. A hospital ward. It doesn't take long before I felt the stingy pains around my body and new bruises added to it. And I didn't need anyone to tell me that I'd passed out a while ago from Dennis whipping and he'd brought me to the hospital. Off course he had, cause in the next second, the door opened and Dennis walked in with a doctor.

"Oh! You're finally awake little girl!" The doctor bubbled with genuine smile as he walked up to me, seeing that I was awake. Dennis however kept a neutral face but I immediately avoided his gaze.

"How are you now?" Asked the doctor, smiling but I could only nod. How am I? Heck, I just want to die so all these would end once and for all.

But I couldn't voice that out. I just stayed still as the doctor removed all the Vi and he said some things to Dennis, before writing him some prescriptions. Prescription that he'd never buy.

Then finally, the moment I dreaded came. The doctor left and it was just me and Dennis in the room.  I couldn't help being terrified of his presence around me.

After staring at me for a while, with so much hate and disgust, he finally spoke. "Mom would be coming home this evening. You do know what to tell her don't you?"

Not daring to look him straight in the eye, I didn't say a word. I couldn't. I could only sniffle a sob. I know what to say but I'm tired of this whole thing. The continues lies to tell mom just to protect my brothers meanwhile I'm suffering in silence.

"Do you know or should I spell it out?!" Dennis barking got me startling and I nodded frantically.

And shortly after, we left the hospital and drove back home. Arriving back home, Dennis and I both walked into Mum as expected. She was dishing dinner  on the dinning table and my two other brothers were already seated.

"Oh my god Clarissa! What happened to you again?" Mum was petrified at the very sight of me and she immediately leave what she was doing at the table, rushing towards me. I didn't fail to notice the snicker and scoffing sounds of my brothers, including Dennis who was beside me.