Chapter 13; going shopping

Clarrisa's POV,

I woke up feeling pressed. God how did I sleep off?

I got off the bed and went to the restroom. I eased myself and after that, I washed my face with the tap water. While still doing that, I heard footsteps outside.

When I came back to the room, I met Liam galavanting around my room.
My heart suddenly churned for a reason I don't know yet.

"Oh there you are, sweetie" Liam sighs the moment he spots me standing at the restroom doorstep.

"You know I almost thought you weren't gonna wake up anymore. You legit got me scared each time I came around and found you sleeping. You must be a slumber queen you know haha.." he joshed and crackled with a small laugh.

Did I sleep for that long? I remember How I'd slept off while panicking about what my brothers are going to do to me later, I intended to take a small nap but did I sleep so long?

No that shouldn't be the question... Has Liam  been checking on me for real? Why would he do that?

'Maybe his brothers assigned him to do that so they can descend on me immediately when I wakes up.'

Step siding any negative thoughts, I reciprocated him with a shy smile.

Beside Liam doesn't look as fierce as the rest of his brothers, I can say I'm least scared of him.

After asking me how I was faring of which I gave a positive response. He told me he brought me lunch and while I sat on the bed, I watched him dish out the noodles  into a plate on the dressing table.

With the  delicious smell emitting from it, my stomach was grumbling to have a taste of the meal.

After dishing out the food, he sat the food on the bed, urging me with a smile to eat up.

I hope this isn't poisoned though.

"Now...How does it taste?" Liam asked as I shove in a spoon full from the noodles. 

"Ummm...Delicious..." I muffled while chewing.

"I'm glad you like it. Make sure to Finish it up. If you'll need more I'll bring more." He tells me, and I nodded in response.

After staring at me for a while, he sits besides me patting my hair back. The way he was pampering me like an egg even when I know I've wrong them earlier filled me with guilt. I felt so guilty for comparing him with my ex brother, infact guilt for comparing my all new brothers with my ex brothers.

They haven't done anything to hurt me, yet I keep having bad thoughts about them. I'd commited different offense in just two days but instead of them punishing me, reverse becomes  the case.

"Liam?" I stop eating and turn side to face Liam. He raised an eye brow to me in response.

"Why are you all being nice to me?" I have to ask. I needed to ask and I hope he tells me the truth.

"He stared at me for a while, stupefaction glistening in his eyes and then he chuckled. "Why will you ask that? Of course you are our sister. There's no one else we would be nice to if not you"

"I know but..." I swallowed "...being your sister isn't..isnt..umhmm e..enough reason why you shouldn't punish when I commit an offense right?" I bowed my head, picking on my food.

"Offense? You haven't done anything to offend us right or have you?"

Head still bowing, I just blunted. "Yesterday you and matoe were trying to talk to me but instead of responding to you, I walk out of you guys. You tried to stop me from entering the restroom but I disobeyed you guys and worst still... I..I decided to cut myself, bothering you guys with so much stress of having to tend my wounds"