Chapter 24: Antonio's Casino

For the rest of the day, I kept thinking, panicking over what my sister had told me. My brothers didn't came back until evening. Only Liam and matoe though. I had dinner with matoe and Liam before going off to bed.

The next morning, I woke up very early as usual. Recheal was still fast asleep. I just stayed up on my bed but getting bored of the room, I decided to head to the living room.

At the stairs, I spotted Jayden at the dining he was operating laptop.

Oh No! I can't be alone with him.

I turned abruptly tto leave but then I heard his voice.

"Hey clarrisa." Mg heart churns at his voice. Slowly turning round I was met with his intimidating eyes staring at me.

"Good morning." I mumbled to him.

After replying my greeting coldly and asking about my night, he asked me to come that we need to talk.

I reluctantly went to meet him with my head bowed.

"Look at me clarrisa." Jayden said after the brief silence between us while I was sitting before him.

I slowly look up to face him. He sighed and shut down his laptop. "What exactly do I look like you to you?" He asked.

"Huh?" I breathed.

"Why do you always run away from me like I'll eat you up or something.." he rasped coldly. I swallowed. "Don't even answer. Look clarrisa you don't have to be scared of me okay. I'm your brother. I'll never do anything to hurt you. Yes I know I do lashes out on you sometimes but I'm so sorry really sorry." His voice sounded so soft and genuine but his scary eyes and cold face didn't add up. Either ways I just nodded.

"Verbal." He demanded.

"Alright Jayden."

Thankfully I didn't last alone with Jayden for long because Liam and matoe came into the living room at the same time.

That morning everyone was present at the dining.

We were having bread toast and tea for breakfast which mattoe had prepared.

We were all focusing on our food until received a call just few seconds into it.

"What!!" He barked into the phone after a while of picking it.

I flinched.

Liam's spilled tea on himself and the rest of my siblings just to turned to face Antonio who had this panic look on his face.

"What happened antonio?" Jayden asked immediately Antonio dropped the call.

" it's nothing I can't handle." Antonio said rushing up from his seat. "Clarrisa, recheal. I'll see you guys later." He said planting a peck on our forehead.
"Enjoy your meals sweethearts." He added. He gave the rest of our brothers a nod before heading for the door.

Everyone watched him exit and I watched my brothers share confused glances among themselves.

What could be making Antonio panicked anyway?

I just hope it's not something bad. We continued our meal and after some minutes, we were done. Everyone started leaving the dining. Jayden for the first to leave. Mattoe and recheal who followed him.

So it was just me and Liam in the living room.

Liam suggest we do something fun since it was just the two of us and don't judge me if I said, I chose to watch a movie. I use to really love watching movies but ever since my ex-brothers turned into beasts, nothing became fun for me anymore but I'm really, really grateful that with Liam I'm finding myself back.