Chapter 62: Starting school soon

The De costas

Chapter 62

Clarissa's POV,

"A cigarette?" Antonio was the first to go back to  normal after a long moment of unnecessary shock.

I nodded my head to the question making them frown even me.

"Why do you suddenly need one Clarissa?" Antonio asked suspiciously glancing  at Liam who shrugged in return.

"That question isn't even necessary. You aren't getting any damn cigarette clarrissa." Jayden declared with a stern look and resumed drinking his coffee.

"Is that so? I thought we're over the formalities. I thought you've been wanting me to blend with you guys? Why can everyone of you smoke hut I can't?" I shouted and that threw another short tension in the air.

Dramatic isn't it?

Well I was sure of what I said because I've seem on different occasions smoking casually.

They didn't bother to deny it.

"C'mon clarrisa.  I do not want to know where all these is coming from but you are still underage. Your system can't handle it so it isn't safe for you. Let's wait till you're 18 and you can do whatever you want okay?" Mattoe said to me with smile.

The glares and frown he received from the rest of our brothers proved that they weren't in agreement but I just nodded with a smile.  I honestly don't know why I'm so giddy about smoking but I just am. Let's say I want to blend into the family. I do not want to be a freak anymore.

Jayden gave me a weird look as I was smiling like a sheep "I think the hiatus had tainted with clarrisa sanity. She'll need to resume and complete her therapy section and that's on period." He said exchange gazes with everyone in the room.

"No! I'm totally fine!" I yelled kicking against it immediately.

I glanced at Liam hoping for his intervention but  he shrugged signifying that Jayden is right.

I looked at Mattoe, he gave me a comforting smile.

I looked at Antonio and he gave me a nod that literally meant he agreed with Jayden.

I couldn't fight it obviously so I just gave. I really don't a problem with therapy though. I just don't want to burden them but if they insist then I don't mind.

***

"Now are we going to get a fucking breakdown of where the hell you all have been? It's like everyone suddenly went their separate ways After mom's burial" Racheal inquired as soon as we were done eating.

We'd just finished having a family dinner after long time.

Liam and mattoe were busy parking up the dishes.

The trio, mattoe, Jayden and Antonio passed each glances like children are being scolded by their mother. 

Racheal folded her arm to her chest wearing a playful stern as she waited for them.

"Well to cut the long story short, we'd been busy but we are fully back now."Antonio reassured with a smile.

"So how had it been you two?" Jayden asked usually cold.

"Fine!" Racheal rolls her eyes and shrugged. Equal giving him the same cold vibes.

"Fine too and guess what. Liam gifted  me a bike and my favourite comics." I almost screamed out of excitement.

"Wow, really? that's great." Antonio nods with a smile glancing at Liam who was almost done with the dishes.

"You do know that's a bad idea right Liam?" And Jayden decided to spoil the mood giving Liam a stern look.