Chapter 6; the pendant

once again I was gagged up in a room but this time in the custody of the DeCosta.  I had woken up to find a doctor treating me. I didn't speak any word to him. A fierce guy covered in tattoos walked in afterward and the doctor muttered some coherent words to him. They both shop hands, the doctor nodded and left.

When the doctor left, the guy turned to face me. He was looking very muscular and fierce. I gazed intently at him wondering who he is but a big part of me was telling me that he was one of the de costas.
And his sight alone was creeping fear into me.

"I'm very sure you know who I am right?" He said coldly as moved closer to me. I sat up on the bed and started shifting on my butt.
I shook my head 'no'

"I'm one of the de' costa and you and your accomplices owe us some debt. You see I don't need much from you, just call out all the names of your accomplices and who's your boss?" He asked but I just stared at him.  While he waited for me to say something I was quiet. Besides, I don't even know what to do or say.

"Now, I won't condone that from you. When I ask you a question I expect you to give me answers." He barked at me and I flinched.

He waited again for me to speak but I was just staring at him in terror. He got wildly engaged. He drove his hands into his brown hair aggressively. "For the last time, what? is. the. name. of. your.  boss" he asked angrily but I continue staring at him. I know Maximo has done vile things to me but I can't ever think of betraying him as I'll only be the victim.
"Seriously.."

He grip my shirt and made to pouch me on the face but someone held his hand from behind. I look behind and it was another muscular guy just like him. They are so much alike and I knew they are brothers.

"What was that for??" The first barked at the second guy who restricted him.

"You were going to hit the little girl which wasn't necessary," he said calmly and freed his hand.

"But she is refusing to talk." the first guy huffed angrily. The second didn't say anything to him. He just walked up to me on the bed. He stared at me for a while. He look so fierce like the first guy but his eyes were conveying a different emotion. He started too deep into my eyes like he was searching for gold. The more he stared at me the paler his face became. He was looking at me with pity that I hated him so much.

"Are you going to say something or what?" It was only me to say that to him cause he looks more gentle.

"You already know why you are here right?" He said softly raising an eyebrow. "We wouldn't hurt you if you just tell us what we want to hear. Your gang stole our shipment and you are the only way for us to get it back." He said calmly but all his effort to make me talk went down the drain.

The first guy got mad that he clasped his hand around my neck even before his other brother could stop him. He started choking me and yelling at me to fucking start talking. But how can he expect me to talk when he was strangling me, his other brother managed to pull him away from me but I felt something slip out of my neck. Gasping for air, I saw my pendant on my bed and when I look up he was holding my necklace.

"Jayden..." the second guy roared referring to the angry bird. "Don't you have some things to attend to?" Get out of here let me handle this."

"Why the hell are you being nice to her she snitched on us." He yelled and flung my necklace on the floor.

"We don't hurt kids no matter what," he told him. The first guy huffed and walked out grudgingly.

The second guy turned back to face me, he opened his mouth to say something but suddenly paused when his gaze hit the pendant on my bed. His brow raised to human possible and he was staring at it in shock.

Like he hasn't seen a pendant before??

After gazing at it for about 30 minutes he reached out for it and to my shocker, he opened the pendant. How he knows the pendant has an opener is what I don't know but what shook me was the way he stared at the surface of my pendant. What could make him that shocked? For all, I know I only have a lady photo on that pendant.

"who gave this  to you??" He asked with a husky voice as if recovering from a trauma.

"Where the hell did you get this from??" He yelled slamming his hands on the bed and now I could see he was enraged.

"It was given to me by my mother. Why?" I replied honestly. I was dead confused.

"Your mother? Who's your mother? Where is she now??"

"What's with the question? You wouldn't know her even if I tell you."
"Who's the lady in the pendant?" He asked.

Seriously how would he expect me to know that mother only gave me the pendant and didn't tell me who's on the pendant which of course I don't care? I mean she could be some model, modeling the pendant brand.

"I don't know her," I muttered.
He didn't ask me any more questions. He just left with my pendant.

Days rolled by and I remained locked in the room. The guy who took my pendant has been constantly coming to persuade me to implicate every member of my gang but as stubborn as I've always been. I refused to talk.  Well maybe I might have to talk if he would  torture me or so but hey
I was even been treated like a queen.

I mean with all the ladies Coming every morning and taking me to bath, giving me breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was never even treated like that by my boss. This isn't what I expect from De' costa.

Well, maybe they are following up with the 'they-don't-hurt kids rules.' Or if they are being nice to me so I'll suddenly open up to them someday.

thinking about that, there's a high chance that the latter might be considerable.

And I'm very sure that one day, they might have to torture me till I speak up. But no matter what I can't betray my gang. That isn't what Maximo taught me. Betraying the agendas makes one a coward and I'm not a coward.
I better find a way to escape this place before it gets too late.

I started planning on how to escape so one night when a lady came to give me food, I watch her drop the food on my bed and the moment she turned to leave, a plan niggled at me. I picked up the fork, I jump off the bed, and stabbed her in her neck.

When she fell to the ground, I took the keys from her hand and used them to open the door. I also made sure I searched her for her gun then I took it. I might need this for protection. I sneaked out of the room and making sure no one was close by, I started following a different route. 

Luckily no one saw me till I was out. It was late midnight so a few men were sleeping off guard.

I proceeded to climb the fence but someone spotted me and signal the others. Putting my gun into use, I started shooting gunning down as many men as I could and at the same time climbing the fence.

Maximo trained me for this so it didn't take me any stress, I jumped down the fence and ran off. I successfully escaped.

But when I was already in the middle of dark streets, I realized something.

My pendant.

It was given to me by my mother, it's the only thing valuable to me and now it's in de costa's custody.

But I can't go back there, maybe I finally lost the pendant for good.

A/n
Encourage with your votes please!!!