- 40 -

Jungkook wakes up in the middle of the night. Since he's the newest person in the mansion his room is not that close to the others. Instead, he's close to the back entrance where he can faintly hear Hobi and Jimin's voices. Knowing that those two never got along, he decides to get up and make sure they don't kill each other or something. But his eyes open wide when he finds Jimin taking every possible gun he can find and putting them in the back of Hoseok's car.

- What the fuck are you doing? - Jimin ignores his question and gets in the car ready to leave - Hey! I'm talking to you! Hobi hyung, what's going on?!

- Long story kid. And I wouldn't get in his way when he's this angry, you should move aside.

Realizing he won't be able to stop them, he gets in the car with them. After hearing what this is all about, he starts to understand why they're acting that way. As Jimin drives, the other two try their best to convince him to stop. Running away from that mansion won't be good news and Jungkook knows it.

- Turn back around!

- Shut up, Jeon. You don't know what I'm dealing with here

- You'll hurt Tae!

- Jesus fucking Christ, princess. Can't you Respect Yoongi's last wish and not put yourself in dang-

The car stops abruptly.

- His name is Yoongi?! Oh my god, it's so pretty! Out wedding invitations will have our ship name! Yoonmin~

- You crazy idiot, just focus! You'll get killed!

- Yoongi will kill me. That was his promise. He's still alive, Hoseok. And I'll make sure to keep it that way

- You'll die in the process, dumbass

- He always said he would find his way back to me. That ring had a tracer, didn't it?

- It has everything. A tracer, poison, it even has space for him to record a small message.

- Then what are you waiting for?! Let's find out where he is!

They talk like there was no one else by their side. Like it's just them in that car. But in the back seat Jungkook can't believe his ears. And there's just no way he can stay quiet. Not even if he has to face someone as insane as those two.

- Are you fucking crazy? Taehyung would do anything for you! He would risk his life and his people for you! And you'll leave him behind? Knowing what you mean to him? Some of us would die to get his attention. I wish I had someone like him...

- You have a soulmate like him. And you can keep it because I have to go save my grumpy cat.

- Stop thinking about you for a second, Jimin!

- Jeon Jungkook! You want Taehyung to be happy? - His serious tone interrupts him - Then go back home, tell him how you feel, stay with him and give him what I can't. I wish I could've been what my sweet TaeTae needs but I belong to someone else. Can you understand it? What you feel for him it's what I feel for my Suga.

Those words hit him hard. If someone would try to convince him to give up on saving Tae he would have the same answer. For once, Jimin doesn't look that crazy. He's just someone dumb enough to sacrifice the whole world just for a prohibited love. Without waiting another second, Jungkook leaves the car and walks the opposite way back to the house.

Back at the mansion, Tae wakes up to an empty bed. The first ten minutes he's waiting for Jimin to return with a glass of water or something of the sort. But when that never happens, he decides to look for him. After realizing he's not in the kitchen or the bathroom a sense of panic starts to take over him. He doesn't want to have this experience a second time. The first night he had to live with his soulmate's absence was the hardest in his life. In just an hour everyone in that house is looking for him under Tae's commands. The only one that's not helping is Jin but that's because he left early to see Namjoon and haven't returned or answered his phone since.

Jungkook finds himself surrounded by desperate people who are doing everything to keep their boss calm. Every light in the house is on and no one is sleeping despite the late hours. Kook tries to talk to Tae but he seems out of it. He keeps mumbling Jimin's name, listing places where he could've gone.

- Tae

There's no answer. Kim ignores him and gives Hyunjin the order to track every car or bike that left the place that night.

- Taehyung!

Again he gets no answer. Tae tries to remember if Jimin ever mentioned any specific location in this last months.

- Oh my God, Tae! - He takes him by the shoulders - Can you for once in your life ignore Jimin and listen to me?!

- I'm not putting my attention on you until I find my soulmate, Jungkook!

Every piece of confidence the youngest felt when he left Hoseok's car disappears. It all falls apart once more. He's aware Tae will never put him first. And the point in insisting?

- I give up...

- Eh? Kook I don't have time to-

- I give up on us. I'll do this because I want you to be happy more than anything but this will be the last time. Consider it a goodbye present.

- W-What are you talking about?

- I'll take you to Jimin. But you'll need back up. A lot of it.

The sadness in his tone hurts Tae more than he wants to admit. He knows maybe he crossed the line showing that attitude but he couldn't control it. Not when he has the fear of losing his soulmate again. Still, even though there's something feeling incredibly wrong...he accepts. And that's how their last mission together starts.

Next Chapter

She's incredible, beautiful, perfect, lovely but...

I'm not an undercover cop. Not even close.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ How you doing? I'm stressing over work over here D: The other day I worked 18 hours in a row and I don't know how did I survive. But they said the worst days are almost over and I'll have a little more time again. So that's good!

That being said, how you liking this so far? Is Jungkook gonna get kinda rejected throughout the whole fanfic? I can't tell you hahaha Next one we'll see Namjin! I hope to see you there~

Have a beautiful day~ See you soon~

- Baby Y

P.S: For those waiting an update on "False Omegas" I'm on it, I swear! I just lost my notes for it and that kind of depressed me so I needed some time off it. But I'm ready to return to it and keep writing. Besides you keep asking for it hahaha

P.S 2: I've been singing "Bad decisions" all day! What a bop, seriously ✨❤️