- 46 -

Taehyung never felt this tense in his life. Looking for his best friend and soulmate, he fights with his entire being. On the inside, his thoughts are eating him alive. Not knowing where his brother is or if he's safe. And in the middle of his messy head, Jungkook's words are on repeat. His kiss, his voice, it all replays as he tries to focus on finding Jimin. He has to go through at least thirty men before he can get to where he thinks he's needed. Doing his best to go under the radar he manages to stand in front of a room. The door has a big glass through which he can see Yoongi. He looks dead and for some reason that idea doesn't suit well in Tae's head. Why though? It's supposed to be his enemy...one that protects and loves his best friend...

The moment he sees Yoongi blink, he relaxes. At least for a moment, because looking around the room he can see he's not the only one there. Hanseo is there, turning his back at the door. And in front of him with overwhelming confidence, stands Park Jimin. If Tae enters, he can shoot their enemy while his soulmate distracts him. It's a perfect plan. Or it was until he heard a loud beg for help. His head turns and a painful image breaks his heart. On the other side of the hallway, too far and yet too close, he can see Namjoon holding Jungkook's body. By his side, Jin is hardly breathing and a girl is trying to control the situation.

His eyes move back to Jimin. The boy is locked there with a dangerous man and this time Min Yoongi won't save him. If he leaves, Jimin could die. No, Jimin will die. He's sure of it. But if he stays, Jungkook will take that place. The choice he thought he wouldn't have to do again is before his eyes. He has to pick one to save. And even if his head keeps playing Kook's words and every memory he made with him, his natural instinct makes him try to open the glass door.

Before he can turn the handle, something stops him. Jimin is staring back at him with a calm smile. For the first time in years, he looks so honest. That's the Jimin he met when they were kids. That's the one he fell in love with. That's his other half. That young innocent kid who used to hug him every night...before losing his head at least. With a slow movement, Jimin denies. His childhood friend is letting him move on. And finally, Taehyung lets him go.

- I hope you know what you're doing...

Following his heart, even if a part of him breaks knowing what his decision will mean, he runs towards Jungkook. Namjoon's scream for help brings more enemies against them but Moonbyul takes care of most of them as they try to get the two wounded men out. Thankfully, his strongest man heard it as well. Hoseok comes to the rescue with perfect aim to take care of anyone that tries to get on the way. With his help, they manage to get outside where they hope to be safe.

Even if Tae's brother has his eyes open, he can't say the same about his second soulmate. Jungkook is unconscious and his white shirt lets him see the shot he received is making him lose too much blood. Desperate, Tae takes out his own shirt to make pressure against the wound with it, following Hobi's instructions. However, Hoseok loses focus when he sees what's happening on Tae's skin. To be specific, on his ribs.

- Oh my God, Tae! Your bond! His name is fading!

Taehyung can feel his friend's touch where his tattoo should be. And those words only make him panic. If Jungkook's name is disappearing that means he's dying. He's losing him. And he never thought he could feel so desperate.

- No, no, no, no, wake up! C'mon Jungkook! You have to stay with me! You promised! You'll stay by my side no matter how much of an idiot I am, please! Please I'll...- His tears make him stutter-... I'll do a-anything. Stay...you have to give me a second date, my soulmate. You have to give me a second kiss...

He leans forward trying to check whether he's still breathing. On the inside, he begs for the universe to give his boy another chance. Just one more so he can make things right, so he can answer back properly, so he can admit to Jungkook how hard he's falling for him.

- Tae...look...

Giving up completely, Tae follows Hobi's words ready to see his bond fading. His head hurts from crying. But his eyes go wide seeing the only name that remains on his body. Confused, he feels a weak touch on his hand and looks back at his now only soulmate.

- M-My name...looks pretty on you. Y-You should be Jeon Taehyung someday...

- You idiot

Despite his words, he can't help to smile for a second before breaking down crying again. Hugging a barely conscious Jungkook is all he needs right now. He can't help to feel a level of relief knowing he's still alive. Hobi helps them get to the van where they can take out the bullet and take him to a hospital. Taehyung keeps his mind focused on the boy in front of him, not letting him alone not even for a second. And he ignores every part of his brain that knows why the other name disappeared. Even after hearing it seconds later, he doesn't turn around. He already made his choice...

Next Chapter

I'm gonna get you away from here

I'm sorry for getting you in this shit

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babeees~ Happy with our half dying Taekook moment? I hope so! Don't worry, they'll have more time together and Tae finally picked him! I've been waiting for this moment for so long 😭 Poor Kookie had to wait 46 chapters to get here

Next one we'll see Namjin! It might not be that long but I think it's necessary anyway. I hope to see you there~

Btw, this had to be ready on Saturday but I spent the weekend going out 'cause it was my birthday last week (Happy to have it on the same week as Namjoon and I was born on the same year as Kookie so 😎 that's a win for me hahaha)

- Baby Y