- 44 -

Namjoon haven't moved an inch since Jin left the house. His brain is still processing what happened. The reality he lives in doesn't feel like the one his crush is in. To just imagine himself in a situation like the one he lived before, when he saw Jin pointing his gun at other people, he can't help to feel nauseous. He can't be a part of something like that. A known mafia? Formed by the kind of people he tried to get Jungkook away from? He can't. He won't. And yet...it felt so bad to let him go. He can't understand why. How could his kind heart hurt because of a man like Jin? How could he fall for someone so dangerous?

- Namjoon? Can I come in?

For a moment he doesn't answer and she stays by the door giving him some distance. He forgot completely about his "soulmate" being there. Trying to find the words, he talks to her. His voice cracks. Probably because of the lump in his throat that's the only thing keeping him from crying.

- I...I need some time, Moonbyul. I know it's the first time we meet after years of looking for each other but...I just...

- I understand. You loved him, didn't you?

- W-What? H-How did you

- I don't blame you. You and him helped me out of the darkest place I've ever been. For me, you two are my heros

- Yeah, well maybe you shouldn't think of him that way. He's not...who he says he is.

She cracks a smile and slowly walks up to him. Carefully, she takes his hand and guides him to the bed where they sit trying to pass the bad moment. Without expecting it, Namjoon finds himself hearing a story from her.

- The world can be really crazy sometimes. When I was in that house...there was a guard that treated me right. Even if he never let me or anyone there escape. Even if he was a complete mess...He was the only one that treated us like real people. He took more care of us than the rest. He died working for horrible people. And I'll never forgive him for keeping us there. But...for me, he was a good man.

- He sounds like a monster

- Context changes everything. An assassin that gives you more food when he sees you're weak is not the same than the one that lets you starve.

- They should both go to hell...Am I wrong?

- Oh, I agree with you! But... Let's just say falling in love with one is not as crazy as you think...

Unaware of the fact that she's talking about her dead soulmate, Namjoon hugs her. Crying in each other's arms, he asks her to stay the night. Neither of them want to stay alone. And they both think from now forward they'll stay together. However, hours later he still has his head filled with doubts and can't fall asleep. Jin told him about his old dream of being a chef. About how he changed it to follow his parents steps. Every memory next to him makes his heart ache a little more. When he looks at the clock he realizes it's time to connect with his soulmate. And since she's currently sleeping by his side, he should see nothing but black. But...

His eyes see blurry. It's a gray room. One of his eyes sees black but the other one is trying to focus and failing. Suddenly someone else appears. And he can recognize him immediately. Min Suga is staring back at him. He looks really fucked up. And even if he can't hear what he says, his lips move slowly. It's like he's trying to be clear. Like he knows Namjoon is seeing everything.

- I'm... sorry...Jin

The minute ends and through his tears he can only see his bedroom again. Desperate, he wakes Moonbyul up looking for answers. The girl is confused and sleepy at first. But hearing his story she can't help to feel bad. She knows exactly where his hero is. She knows who he's helping and why. Jin told her everything days before just in case he died. That way at least one person would know what happened to him.

- It was him! I knew it was him! He's my soulmate! That's why I felt like that everytime I...oh god, I need to call him

- Wait! What would you say to him? He's still the same person you didn't want to see an hour ago

- I know! But...I just...I need to see him again. I need to talk to him and get things clear. I don't know what I'm gonna do but...I have to do this.

- I'm sorry...

- Why? It's okay, I'm not mad at you! He's the one that-

- He's not coming back, Namjoon

After a short explanation, Namjoon feels even more tense than before. He knows his soulmate is in danger. He can feel it. And he can't let things go on that way. Without thinking, he decides to go look for him. Thankfully, the girl next to him won't leave him alone. Together they go to Hanseo's mansion where they try to find the best way in. Since at the front they can hear the gunshots, going through the back sounds like the best option.

- Maybe you should stay here. It's dangerous for a girl to...what is that?

- A gun, Namjoon. Oh, here! Take this other one for you! You know how to use it right? Just take the safety off and you can pull the trigger!

-...You know, he chose you as my fake soulmate but you remind me of him

- He thought maybe you had a kink for strong independent people

Not having time to argue with that, they enter the place. He refuses to shoot but she has no problem in doing so. There's not many guards there since most are at the front but she still has to try her best to cover up for him. After all, she promised to keep him safe. Checking every room they come across, they take a long time in finding him. However, the moment they do Namjoon's heart stops. There, abandoned inside a gray room, Jin is lying on the floor unconscious. There's a trace of blood near, indicating someone else was dragged out of there. Without losing a second, he rushes to sit by his soulmate and try to wake him up. At the door, Moonbyul makes sure no one is going for them.

- Check his pulse!

- H-He's...Oh my God, his eyes are opening! Jin? Can you hear me?! I'm so sorry, please don't go, please! Stay awake! We'll get you out of here, I promise!

- H-Heaven...feels...nice

Feeling Namjoon's touch, Jin can't help to smile. He's sure he's hallucinating right now and he enjoys every second of it. With all his strength, Namjoon picks him up ready to take him out of that mansion. Going down the hallway, a group of guards spot them. Maybe they could get away from them if they weren't carrying an unconscious Jin with them. As they get closer, Namjoon closes his eyes. Three shots are heard and for a moment he's sure he's been hit. But when he opens them, he realizes there's no wounds and the men are down. Turning around he finds the person who helped them.

- Kookie?!

- Hyung! What the hell are you doing he-

One more shot is heard. The last one before Moonbyul takes care of a guard who wasn't as dead as he should've been. In front of his eyes, his best friend who he loves like a younger brother, falls to the floor. The exit is not that far from them. If he takes him as well they can be safe and call an ambulance. Or at least that's the only possibility keeping him from losing his mind in this place. However, his plan has one flaw. He can't carry two bodies alone. And Moonbyul's leg is not completely healed yet. It's impossible for her to carry someone as heavy as them on her own. Namjoon tries. He really does. But he can't take more than one step before collapsing. Broken, he let's out a loud scream for help. One that could attract all kinds of people. One that reaches Taehyung's ears...

Next Chapter

I'll find you in every single one of our lives. Because I...

I just think it's fair your head explodes. In my cousin's honor, Suga

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bro, I feel so bad for Namjoon. My man just wanted to sell plants and be happy. Either way, he finally knows who Jin is! And...at least they're... together? Or at least in the same place?

Also, my Kookie babe 😭 I suffer with you everytime one of them gets hurt 🥺 Jin's part of what happened will appear later! But next one we'll see Yoongi! If you think these two are fucked wait until you see him.

I'll see you soon for more suffering! I promise next one is the last cliffhanger. Love u~

- Baby Y