Caught

|Izzy's POV|

Entering the house, it was pretty quiet. I sat my purse down, going through the mail when I heard noise coming from upstairs. Logan should be at football practice, not here. I spotted his book bag by the living room entrance so he was indeed home. He usually texts if practice is canceled. There was also a perfume smell that surely wasn't my scent.

"Logan!"

I tried calling his phone. No answer.

"Logan!"

I heard his door open and footsteps. He appeared with just sweatpants on and no shirt. His hair is a mess.

"Hey, mom."

"Hey. What are you doing at home? Practice canceled?"

He shook his head.

"Wasn't feeling well."

"Were you sleeping?"

He only had on a pair of basketball shorts and his hair was a mess.

"Uh, yeah. Well, I was falling asleep. Playing the game a little bit."

He faked a yawn. Yeah, he's up to something.

"You're home early," he commented.

Usually I didn't get home until 6 or 7 and that's when the girls had practice. Today wasn't one of those days.

"Mmm hmm. What do you want for dinner?"

"Whatever you make is fine, mom. I'm not picky."

"Alright. Make sure your homework gets done."

He nodded before taking off back to his room. I headed upstairs and into my bedroom. As I sat down, my phone started ringing. It was Tyler. He was in California for the week for a conference.

Hello.

Hey, beautiful.

Hey, babe. How's the conference going?

Great. I have a lecture I'm giving tomorrow morning then I'm heading back home.

Oh, earlier than expected.

Yeah, I jam packed these past few days so I can get back home to you and the kids. How's the home front?

Fine. Olivia and Mikayla asked to hang out at Jamie and Brandon's this afternoon, so Brandon took them to the trampoline park. He'll drop them off later. Logan apparently didn't have practice today.

Really? He didn't say anything. Coach doesn't usually cancel practices, especially not during the season. If he misses one, he'd have to have a note from either us or a teacher.

I know. Something is off. He was surprised I was home early.

Hmm.

I then heard a bang.

I don't know what the hell this boy is doing, but I'll call you back.

Alright. Love you.

Love you, too.

As I opened my door I was shocked to see Logan sneaking out of his room with a girl. A girl that I had seen before.

"Logan!"

He stopped dead in his tracks turning to me.

"Hey, mom. This is my friend, Samantha. I introduced you to her before."

"Hi, Mrs. Law," the girl said, waving.

"Hello, Samantha."

"She was just leaving," Logan rushed out.