Riders

|Logan's POV|

Another day of practice and Coach wanted me in his office after I changed. This was getting blown out of proportion. I did what I needed to. I mean, having Coach make me Captain, I wouldn't do anything to mess that up. Like he always said, don't bring drama to the field and I didn't.

Walking in his office, I saw my dad. He seemed to be in a good mood. I knocked on the door to get Coach's attention. They both looked my way and Coach motioned for me to come in.

"Hey, son," my dad greeted.

"Hey, dad. Hey, Coach. Am I uh, in trouble or something?"

Coach shook his head.

"No. I wanted to say I'm proud of you for keeping your temper and emotions under control. I thought things would've spilled over into practice, but you kept your head on straight. Whatever you're doing, keep it up. You've become a great leader for this team."

To hear Coach say that meant a lot. I had been working hard to change and I'm glad he noticed. My dad smiled.

"As for the whole Gavin situation, let it go. He's on the basketball team and has a history of egging people on. He wants a reaction out of you. It's not worth it," he continued.

"I won't touch anyone unless they put their hands on me, Coach. After that, all bets are off."

"Fair enough. Good job today. Don't let your head get too big and you slack off."

I laughed.

"It won't."

He and my dad exchanged a few more words before we left.

"I knew you said you were picking me up, but I didn't know that you would talk to Coach."

"Your principal called today explaining there was an altercation. Coach wanted to speak with me directly about not just the situation, but your performance as of late. He speaks highly of you and I couldn't be more proud. You've buckled down since this school year started. Your mother and I haven't had to say much to you about anything."

"You told me to be a man of my word. I told you I was changing."

"Your actions have shown that. Proud of you, son."

We got to the car and on the way home, I had to ask if my mom knew Samantha slapped me.

"Dad..."

"Yeah?"

"Does mom know anything happened today?"

"Principal Hayes only called me. I would've heard from your mother by now if she was contacted. I told them to call me first when it came to you."

"Why?"

"I already told you, do something stupid and I'm kicking your ass."

I nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, I remember," I mumbled.

"So she just slapped you out of nowhere?"

"I think she was more embarrassed that I curved her at lunch. Everyone was looking and knew she had kissed him. That's on her, not me. Sasha brought me my backpack and that's when things went left. Sam basically shoved her into me and as soon as Sasha stepped to the side to see what was going on, I got slapped. Sasha decked her in the face."

He laughed.

"The women in this family say us guys are overprotective. I think it's on both ends."

"We'll, you know I wouldn't hit a female. I mean aside from having little sisters, you and mom didn't raise me like that."