Girls vs Boys

|Stephanie's POV|

It's 8am and the chef has arrived to make breakfast. I was sure no one would be up except for Paul and I, but my younger grandchildren proved us wrong. Sophia and Eli were still sleeping. It was just Noah, Bailey, Addison, Mikayla, and Julian that were awake and waiting for their French toast.

"Grandma, can we go play after breakfast?" Julian asked.

"Oh, can we go in the pool?" Addison quizzed.

"You can go play, but not in the pool. Maybe after lunch this afternoon we can do that."

I moved to make them plates and thanked our chef as she left. I heard the sliding door. It was Zach coming in.

"Morning, ma."

"Good morning, sweetheart."

"Hi, daddy."

Bailey jumped down and ran to her father who picked her up with ease. He really reminded me of Paul. I watched as he said good morning to everyone else before taking Bailey's seat and sitting with her in his lap.

"You're not supposed to be lifting with that injury of yours."

"I'm good ma."

I raised my brow at him. He set Bailey down.

"Just take it easy, Zachary."

"Food ready?"

"Yes and there's plenty. French toast, waffles, pancakes, two types of sausage, two type of bacon, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bagels, fruit..."

He started laughing.

"A full buffet mom?"

"Yes! My grand babies have to eat plus there's 8 full grown adults. I'm feeding an army here. Just wait until Thanksgiving."

"Mmm, desert," Mikayla commented.

"Your mom and Rob still joining us Thursday?"

"Yeah, they'll be here. I can't remember if she said if they were coming to town Wednesday night or Thursday morning, but they'll be here."

Over the next couple of hours, everyone woke up and ate. I was in the kitchen straightening up when I heard yelling coming from the playroom.

I went to see what was going on. Olivia, Mikayla, Bianca, Addison, Zoe, and Madison were yelling at each other as they stood over a pile of Barbie's. Wyatt was being a referee while Noah and Liam wrestled. Those three were in a world of their own. Logan, who I thought was in here, was nowhere to be found.

"Hey, girls, what's going on?"

"She's being a bitch!" Madison yelled, charging at Olivia. I quickly pulled Madison back, swatting her bottom.

"Ouch!"

"I don't know why that word just came out of your mouth, but I don't want to hear it again, Madison Rose."

"She said it first," Madison cried, pointing at Livy.

I turned to Olivia who instantly took a step back.

"Come here Olivia Marie."

All of my children and grandchildren knew, if I said their first and middle name, I meant business.

"Grandma..."

"1..."

She didn't budge.

"2..."

She finally came to me, whining.

"I'm not going to repeat what Madison said you called her."

"It was an accident. She was being mean and bossy."