Birthday Girl

|Tyler's POV|

Last night was an emotional one for Izzy. Hearing the details of what Michael did to her.... It makes my blood boil just thinking about it. When I get my hands on his bitch ass, it's over.

Today, I have to put all that anger aside to celebrate my baby girl's birthday. I was up bright and early to let my parents in. My mom was adamant about making breakfast for us and my dad just tagged along. Izzy was still sleeping and I wanted her to get as much rest as possible.

After getting ready for the day, I went to check on Logan. He was up and scrolling on his phone as I entered his room.

"Hey, son."

"Hey, dad. I smell food. Mom cooking?"

"No, your grandmother is here. Your mom is still sleeping."

"Oh, okay. Can I wake her up?"

"She wasn't feeling well last night so let her rest."

"Because of me?"

I could see the concern in his eyes.

"No, not because of you."

"Dad, what's going on?"

"Everything is fine, Logan."

"Yeah, you used to tell me that when I was little. I'm 16, pretty much a man. Whatever is going on I'm old enough to take it. I should know."

"Okay, for one, I don't know how many times I have to tell you age doesn't make you a man. As for your mother not feeling well, that's what it is. When she wakes up, you can talk to her then. Your mother and I don't hide anything from you, do we? If it's important, we'll tell you."

"Fine," he mumbled.

"Get ready for the day then come down and get some food. Any pain?"

"A little, specifically my back."

"Stand up and let me take a look."

He groaned getting up. Looking at his back he had bruising on his lower back and the scrapes were pretty much good.

"Morning," I heard from the doorway.

Looking I saw Izzy. She was dressed in a sweatsuit and looked refreshed.

"Hey, beautiful."

It still made me laugh that she blushed every time I said that.

"Well, hello, I'm standing here too," Logan said.

Izzy came into the room and kissed me before looking at Logan's back.

"My poor baby. I hope you learned your lesson."

"Dad made sure of it," he mumbled.

Izzy looked over at me and I just shrugged.

"He knew what would happen if he put himself in danger. Keep that in mind the next time you go off the cuff and do something idiotic."

"What can we put on this?" Izzy asked.

"There's ointment in our bedroom for the cuts. For the bruising, he could put ice on it. That's about it. Logan, take a shower and pat your skin dry. Babe, bandage up the area for him so it doesn't get saturated. Once he's done, put the ointment on and re-bandage the deeper cuts."

They both nodded and I heard the doorbell ring. Going to open it, there was Brandon and Jamie with the kids.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey. Oh, I smell food and Auntie Kels car is outside."

I laughed as she moved past me and the kids followed.