Breakup No Makeup

|Logan's POV|

Since I've been back home, I've been focused on football, my grades and staying out of trouble. Samantha and I are still together. I hang with her more than I'm with my friends. She just has a problem that I'm not on that rebel shit anymore. I told her, I'm not risking getting in trouble. I don't know what part of I'm not trying to get my ass kicked she's not understanding.

Even with me spending the majority of my free time with her, it's still like it's not enough. This is a side of Samantha I've never dealt with before and to be honest, I'm not a fan.

There's this guy, Gavin, that she's been texting. He's been coming over to her at lunch since the school year started. He's too friendly for me, but Sam says they're just friends. I guess I'll have to take her word, but my gut and my friends keep telling me their friendship is suspect.

I was walking the halls heading to the bathroom when I saw my girlfriend out of the corner of my eye. Someone was with her. Her back was turned to me, but I knew what outfit she had on and she always had her hair a certain way. She was standing in front of a guy. Really? What the fuck?

I stood there, frozen, just watching. She put her hand on his face before leaning in and kissing him. I then heard her laugh as he hugged her.

Gavin.

I pulled out my phone and took a picture before finally going to the bathroom. Heading back to class, I sat there. I was angry and hurt. She'd been lying to me all this time.

I had practice after school and I had to be focused. This shit couldn't knock me off my game. Coach pulled me aside afterwards.

"You were a beast today. Keep it up."

"Thanks, Coach."

He patted my shoulder and I headed to the locker room to change. As I was coming back out, I saw the cheerleaders had finished up. Sam came over to me.

"Hey, babe."

I just stared at her.

"Samantha, I'm going to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me."

"Okay..."

I pulled out my phone and showed her the picture. I saw the look of confusion on her face be replaced with shock.

"Logan, it's not what you think."

She had barely said anything and was already stumbling over her words.

"You kissed him, Samantha."

"You saw that?"

I was getting pissed off all over again.

"Does it make a difference? I asked you would this guy be a problem and you said no."

"He kissed..."

"Don't stand here and lie in my face. You kissed him. I saw you. I watched you put your hand on his face before kissing him."

I watched the tears well up in her eyes.

"Logan..."

"Look, I'm good. You do you. I'm done. I trusted you and I shouldn't have. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and took your word. I'm good. It's over and done."

I went to move past her, but she grabbed my arm.

"Logan, wait, please. It's really not what you think. It was like a dare and I..."

I turned looking at her like she was stupid. I yanked my arm away, picking up my pads.

"There's nothing you can say. We're done."