Tough Guy

|Logan's POV|

After Samantha left, I sat on the front steps, trying to control my anger. Not only did she come over here and try to apologize again, but she brought him with her? She's really fucking delusional.

I would never put my hands on a woman, but Gavin, he was fair game. This dude smiled in my face, tried to become my friend and now this?

I heard the front door open and close before feeling a hand on my shoulder.

"What's going on between you and Samantha?" my dad asked, sitting next to me.

"Nothing is going on. We're done."

"What?"

"She was kissing a guy in the hall today. They were friends before we got together, apparently. I don't believe anything she's said to me at the moment. He's been more flirtatious than he was when we first got together. I asked her about him and she kept saying they were just friends. I saw them today. I saw her kiss him and she stood there saying it's not what it looks like. I know what I saw."

He didn't say anything.

"I told her we're done. She's not going to play me and then I forgive her like nothing happened. I'm single and will stay that way. I have too much going on anyway," I continued.

"Heartbreak sucks."

"As if you've gone through heartbreak," I mumbled.

He scoffed.

"Yeah, I have."

"When? You've been with mom since college."

"I met your mother my Junior year of college. I had a high school girlfriend though. Long story, a lot of drama."

I looked over at him.

"Did mom know about her?"

"Your mom almost kicked her ass when she was pregnant with you."

We both laughed. Sounds very much like my mother.

"Really?"

He nodded.

"That's a story for another day. Anyways, I gave Khloe chance after chance. She played me every single time."

"What was the last straw for you?"

"Her trying to sleep around with people too close to me. That's when I called it off for good. We were done in high school but would hook up when I came home. When I met your mom, nothing else mattered."

He paused.

"My ex, she couldn't take that. She couldn't understand how she didn't have a hold on me anymore. I'm thankful everyday she did what she did. If she didn't, I wouldn't have pursued your mom and we wouldn't have had you."

I sat there taking in everything he said.

"Moral of the story, if you're done, be done. Don't let her manipulation reel you back in. From personal experience, it's not worth it."

I heard the front door open again.

"Hey you two, dinner is ready," I heard my mom say.

My dad patted my shoulder again before standing up. My mom took his spot and I heard the door close. She pulled me to her side, kissing my forehead.

"You okay? I could tell something was off with you when I came in."

"I'm fine, mom."

"Awww, look at you feeding me bullshit. What's up with you and Samantha?"