Career and Family

|Murphy's POV|

I've spent the last 7 years pouring my time and energy into a sports empire of my own. ME Sports is my company with Ethan. After he had a career ending injury back in college, we decided to start a business together. I had already started to dibble and dabble in management by helping Vaughn. Having Ethan help expand our reach beyond sports entertainment and now we have football. Ethan's knowledge of the sport is on another level and it's a huge asset to our brand.

Outside of our careers, we got married last year and we have a new addition to the family coming next year. We haven't told anyone the news yet, but we're both excited to become parents. I'm in New Jersey for a few meetings while Ethan is off in California working. I thought this would be a great time to catch up with my sister, plus see my nieces and nephews.

Living so close, I definitely get to see them the most, but I make sure to catch a flight for Izzy, Jamie, and Zach's kids as well. Whether it's a big football game, never missing a birthday, or just a pop up visit, I love them all so much. The love I have for them, I know that my heart will overflow when I have my own.

Entering her studio space, her staff greeted me and led me back to her office. She was on the phone when I walked in.

Babe, we can talk about this later. No, I'm not rushing you off Bash, Murphy just walked in. I will. I love you, too.

"Murphy!"

She got up and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I didn't know you were coming. What brings you to town? How long are you here for?" she quizzed.

"Someone is surprised to see me."

She playfully punched my arm, motioning for me to take a seat.

"I'm in town for work, as usual. At least for a week. Ethan has business to handle in California," I added.

"The power couple, always staying busy."

"How are my babies?" I questioned.

"Wyatt and Madison are taking their twinning to a new level. JuJu is following after them and Sophia, my sweet baby, she's so innocent."

"For now," I mumbled.

She laughed.

"Hey, let me soak it in."

"What's going on with the twins. You told me Mady got suspended for hitting the little girl that slapped Wy. They've been into stuff since then?"

"Well, more so Madison than Wyatt. You know she's the wild one out of the two. Anyways, Mady's mouth keeps getting her in trouble. We have parent/teacher conferences coming up and I can only imagine what her teacher is going to say."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, one thing about Mady, she's going to speak her mind and stand up for her family."

"Yes, I know. That reason alone is why Bash and I put her and Wyatt in separate classes. She's so protective of him and vice versa, but poor Wyatt when he starts dating. She's going to put that girl through hell."

"Maybe not. She and the girl could be friends. I think Wyatt is going to be the one with the issue. One of his friends could pull a Sebastian and date his sister."

She blushed.

"Aww, look at you all in love."

"Couldn't have told me when I met Sebastian that he's be my husband."

"Mmm, he's always looked at you differently so I can't say I'm surprised."

"What?"

"Rory, he was always checking you out."