Childhood Dream

|Vaughn's POV|

Today is the day. I am finally having my WrestleMania moment. I wouldn't have thought 5 months ago when I was put on the shelf that this would be happening. I woke up laying on Asher. His arms were wrapped around my waist. I moved his arm to get up. He groaned, but let me go.

He's been acting weird and a little secretive the past month. I don't know what's up with him. He was finally signing with WWE, but I didn't know the logistics of his contract or when he would debut. I didn't know if he was going to NXT or straight to the main roster either. I guess when he was ready, he would tell me.

"Morning, beautiful," I heard Asher say from behind me.

Looking in the mirror of the bathroom, there he was, half dressed. He kissed my cheek.

"Hey, babe," I softly said.

We both got ready for the day and I felt myself starting to get anxious as I needed to head to the arena. Of course, Asher noticed. Standing in front of the full length mirror in our hotel suite, he held me in his arms.

"I know you're anxious right now. You've been dreaming of this moment. It's finally here and you're going to knock it out of the park. Trust me when I tell you, this day will be one you'll never forget."

The way he said it, I felt like there was something more to it. Did he know something I didn't? I mean, I was going to be winning my first title so it could just be a surprise party. Everyone knows that I didn't ask for one, but hey, I'll take it.

"Thanks, babe. I know today is going to be crazy. I just want to say thank you and I appreciate you. You've been by my side through all of this."

He nodded.

"You put in all the work, you got yourself to this moment. I'm so proud of you, V. Just know, I'll be here for a lifetime."

He always said that to me and it always made me blush.

"I love you."

"I love you, more. Now get out of here, champ. See you later."

I gave him a final kiss before heading down to the car waiting for me. As I got closer to the arena, my adrenaline was pumping. Getting out, there were fans already there. My opponent and I were on a billboard together. I had a poster by myself. All of this was surreal. I had been the face of merch before, but this is WrestleMania. It's a different type of feeling.

Waving at the fans as I entered and went with security to my locker room. Running through our spots again, I started to get ready. I hung back in my locker room. There was a knock on the door. I said come in to whoever it was. The door opened and there were my uncles. I could cry right now.

"You guys..."

"Alright, don't bombard her, but get over here and hug us," Uncle Mark stated.

I hugged him, along with Uncles Kev, Scott, and X.

"We've been seeing your work in the ring, kid. This is your moment," Uncle Kev commented.

"Block out all the outside noise. Take this is in," Uncle Scott added.

"You've worked your ass off for this moment. Give them hell," Uncle X said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Thank you. I really needed to hear that."

Uncle Mark came and stood in front of me, putting his hands on either side of my shoulders.

"You have nothing to be afraid of. Nothing to be nervous about. When you walk through that curtain you are Evie, Evie McMahon the future WWE Women's Champion. You got that?"