Same Place, Same Time

|Paul's POV|

Steph and I have been preparing for a week with the family. Since having our grandkids, we've done some major renovations. We've made a few rooms larger for the kids, put a playroom in the basement, and moved the pool indoors. We also added another level to the guest house. Bash was very helpful in this process as far as designing and getting his team to give us the results we wanted.

So we have 12 adults and 14 kids coming to town. My brothers are coming for dinner, but they'll be staying at the hotel. Talk about a full house. The parents will be in the guest house while Steph and I will have the kids in the house with us. The younger kids share rooms. Our granddaughters have conjoining bedrooms. The boys have one as well. The only one that has a room of his own is Logan. Perks of being the oldest.

I got in late last night from Raw and was excited to spend the week with the kids and take them to Survivor Series this weekend in Boston. Steph and I are leaving Friday afternoon and the kids will come for the show on Saturday.

Big pay-per-views like this is when a lot of legends would stop by, many having known my kids since they were babies. I'm happy they'll all be able to attend and I know the kids will love it. Sunday we'll have a family brunch before they leave. Jam packed, I know, but we always find a way to make it work.

"Paul!"

I headed downstairs to see what Steph could possibly want. We've had a crew come and clean the house top to bottom. We have a chef preparing food for their first night back home. To say she was going over the top was an understatement. This is who she was.

I entered the living room to see she had gifts lined along the fireplace.

"Steph..."

She turned to me, smiling.

"They'll be here soon," she said, excitedly.

"I know. What's with all the gifts? It's not Christmas."

"So what, these are my babies and I wanted to give them something from their grandmother. Don't worry, I'll say it's from you, too."

I laughed and then heard the doorbell ring. Before I could even move, she jumped up and ran to the front door. I heard her high pitched voice and kids. Making my way to the foyer, I saw Zach, Kylie, and their four: Zoe, Noah, Bailey and Eli.

"Hey, dad."

"Hey, son."

I pulled him to a hug before giving one to Kylie. Zach was able to spend the holidays with us as he took a hard hit and was nursing a shoulder injury. Thankfully, nothing drastic like his knee injury was. He was sitting out a few games and would be back for the end of the season and the Playoffs.

"Grandpa!"

Their youngest daughter, Bailey, came running over to me. I scooped her up and she laughed.

"See, grandpa is still strong after all," Zach commented.

I cut my eyes at him. Still a smart ass. I hugged Zoe and Noah before taking Eli away from Steph. The kids saw all the gifts in the living room and were about to go and look for their names, but Steph stopped them.

"Hold on. Wait until the rest of your cousins get here. Then you can open them together."

Noah nodded, but picked up a box and started shaking it. Definitely something his father would do. Zach took a seat next to me.

"Noah, grandma just told you to leave them alone."

"I didn't open it daddy."

"Yeah, but you touched it, stupid," Zoe chimed in.