Defensive

|Logan's POV|

It's my 16th birthday today. Thankfully it fell on a weekend so I don't have to be bothered with homework and teachers in my face all day. Teo somehow convinced my parents into letting him throw me a party by the lake with our friends. Sasha was bringing some of her friends. Of course that included Samantha.

After I got ready for the day, I went downstairs to see a balloon arch with my name, the number 16, and gifts/cards on the entryway table.

"Mommy, he's awake!" I heard Mickey say.

She ran to the table and grabbed a gift and a card before coming over to me.

"Happy birthday, Bubby."

She smiled, handing me the card and gift.

"Thank you, Mickey. Where's everyone?"

"Living room."

She grabbed my hand, dragging me to the living room. There were more balloons.

"Happy birthday!" My parents and sisters cheered.

I'm sure my face was turning red. They always did the most for birthdays.

"Thanks mom and dad. Thanks Livy."

"Stay right there."

She took off and came back with a tray of donuts and candles singing happy birthday. I blew out the candles before grabbing a donut.

"Thanks mom."

Mickey and Livy started handing me more gifts. I had some from my aunts and uncles, plus money had been hitting my account pretty much all week. My family goes all out for birthdays and my 16th is a big one in this family.

"Alright, girls, go get your shoes. We're going shopping with Auntie Jamie, Bianca, and Addison."

My sisters were mini shopaholics in the making. Once they were out of view, my mother fixed her gaze on me.

"Logan, have fun with Teo and your friends. Please don't do anything stupid."

I laughed.

"Mom..."

"Your mother and I want you to have fun today, but you still have a curfew."

"A curfew?"

My dad looked at me like I was crazy.

"Yes, a curfew. If you and Teo, even a few friends, want to come back and crash here for the night, fine. We don't want you out all night. Curfew is 10pm."

"10pm?" I whined.

"What could you possibly be doing beyond 10pm. You guys are already going to the lake."

"It's the weekend. Can we do 11pm?"

Dad looked over at my mom. Before she could say anything, my sisters came back in.

"We're ready mommy," Olivia stated.

"Alright, head out to the garage. I'll be right there."

"Kay," Mickey chimed in.

They hugged both me and our dad before taking off. My mom shook her head.

"I'll leave the curfew up to your father. I love you. Enjoy your birthday. Your location better be on at all times. You got it?"

"Yes mom. I love you, too."

She smiled and kissed my cheek before heading to the garage.

"I'll be right back," my dad said.