Word of Mouth

|Bianca's POV|

I grabbed my book bag and pushed past my dad, walking to the entrance of the office. I heard him yelling my name, but I kept going. If only this stupid elevator would hurry up. Before I could even step on, I was pulled back and quickly spun around. I felt swats to my bottom that hurt like hell. I hate these stupid random spankings.

"Ow!" I whined.

"Look at me, Bianca."

I tried avoiding eye contact with my hum, but he bent down to my eye level.

"You can't spank me whenever you want, you know!"

"That wasn't a spanking and you know it. You were being rude and I'm just bringing you back to reality. Keep it up and yes, it will lead to a spanking."

I didn't say anything else.

"What's up with you?" he asked.

I looked at him and he looked concerned.

"Nothing," I mumbled.

He glared at me, but didn't say anything else as we got on the elevator. I watched each number as we went to the top floor. As the elevator chimed, it was pretty quiet. Some of his coworkers waved at me as we got off. I politely waved back.

"Hi, Bianca. It's good to see you," his secretary, Ms. Gabriella.

"Hi, Ms. Gabby," I replied.

"Brandon, Jamie is waiting in your office."

Good, I could probably go home with my mom.

"Alright, thanks. If any calls come in, just make a list. I'll return them later."

"No problem."

My dad motioned for me to follow him and I followed him to his office. Opening the door, I saw my mom sitting on the couch. She was on a call and typing away on her computer. My dad moved to his desk and took a seat. I just stood there.

Possibly. Still waiting to hear back. Yeah, I will. Alright. Love you, too. Bye.

My mother finished her conversation and finished typing something on her computer.

"You can sit down whenever you're ready, Bianca," my dad said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I rolled my eyes and threw down my book bag before plopping in the chair across from his desk.

"Do we need a repeat of what happened downstairs?" my dad questioned.

"Whoa, what's going on?" I heard my mom ask.

"She's in a mood for whatever reason," my dad said.

"I want to go home!"

My dad wasn't phased by my outburst and he was about to get up from his desk when my mother stopped him. She came and sat next to me.

"What's wrong sweetheart? Did something happen at school?" she gently questioned.

"I want to go home and get in bed and never go to school again."

I put my head down and tried to wipe the tears from my face.

"Tell mommy and me what's going on, princess. You know you can talk to us about anything," my dad said.

"We want to help you," my mom added.

"No you can't! It'll just make it worse!"

"Alright let's not jump to any conclusions on that. Start with telling us what's going on," my dad commanded.