Fire Meets Gasoline

|Izzy's POV|

I have choreographed with men in the past throughout my career. I thought that this partnership I signed on for would be a great idea. While I don't want to actually go on tour, assisting with choreography for one is fine. I went over everything with our lawyers. My price for the project was met. The downside is that I've been working twice as much as we're preparing the girls for a competition later this Spring after Mania. Then there's my actual client who has become overly flirtatious, demanding, and at times, rude.

Michael Dean was a fellow choreographer in the community and worked with A-list celebrities. He brought me on to help with this tour after his previous co-choreographer backed out. If he was acting this way with her, I could see why. He's been stationed here in Texas as I made it clear in my contract I wasn't traveling back and forth to California for rehearsals. They would have to come to me.

The weekend has arrived and for the past couple of weeks, I haven't spent much time with the girls. I told them this weekend that would change. I was beyond thankful for Tyler's schedule. Aside from surgeries, he was pretty much home. Anytime I took on projects like this, he wouldn't travel much to. make sure one of us was home with the kids.

I woke up Saturday morning to my phone going off. Looking and seeing it was Michael, I rolled my eyes.

Hello.

Isabella, good morning.

Good morning, Michael. How can I help you?

Sounds like I just woke you up. Would've still been sleeping had you been with me.

See, sexual innuendo's like that, so inappropriate.

Michael...

I'm just joking. Anyways, I have the dancers in town to go over the choreography as a dress rehearsal.

I'm sorry, what?

I told you the choreography would be performed ahead of time to see how the team flowed together and then we'd rewatch the footage to see what needed to be fixed before the tour.

Yes, I understand that. I'm just trying to figure out why this weekend. The show wasn't for another 2 weeks. We scheduled for next weekend and I told you the weekend of the show I wouldn't be there and would be out of town for family business.

Isabella, when you took on this project...

When I took on this project I made it very clear in my contract that my family comes first. You can't just switch up when it's convenient for you.

So are you available?

I looked over at Tyler to see he was awake, staring at the ceiling.

I will have to check with my husband and see.

Check with your husband? He has nothing to do with this.

I scoffed.

Michael, my family life doesn't concern you.

Yes, but your work ethic does. You were hired to do a job and since you keep mentioning your contract, it does say that there may be some scheduling conflicts as live performances came into play.

You're right, it does. I'm not an idiot and thoroughly read through it. I was also told I would be informed within 48 hours if there were to be any changes so that I could make arrangements if need be. You may not have a family Michael, but I do, and I'm not in the business of dropping things.

It's one project. You've said it yourself, your kids are sufficient. Just tell that husband of yours, you'll be working this weekend and next weekend.