Evie McMahon

|Vaughn's POV|

These past 7 years have been life changing. I spent a few years wrestling in Japan. Of course I traveled back to see my family. I'd come back every few months the first year. After my third year I was ready to come back to the states. I had a lot of offers on the table, NXT being one of them. I felt obligated to work for the home team, but at first, I didn't.

I wanted to get a feel of all that was out there. I sat down with TNA and AEW. Going against the grain and not straight to NXT was a surprise to many. I mean, my father was EVP of Talent Relations after all. I should just have a contract to the main roster waiting for me, right? I was 21 when I came back to the states and I still was carving my own path.

I signed a one year deal with TNA as I wanted to work on a smaller scale. I was buried. It was absolutely miserable. My name got me a lot of flack. It wasn't even about my in ring ability. I trained daily. I busted my ass. I just didn't have the support backstage. I knew this was a part of the territory based on my name. I just felt so alone at that time. Going out and getting love from the crowd, being in the title picture. I accelerated pretty fast. Still, for a year they wouldn't put the belt on me. My title matches were damn near squash matches. I hated it.

Once the year was up, I didn't re-sign. I honestly was ready to give up, but of course Asher talked me out of it. I'm sure you're all wondering what's going on with us. After going to Japan together, we made our relationship official. We also made a pact that we would do whatever made us happy in our wrestling careers, even if that meant being a part. I was in Japan alone for a year while he went back to the states for an offer he got from AEW.

|Flashback|

I have been home in Orlando for a month now. Asher and I decided on Florida as a central location and bought a townhome here. As a free agent, the offers were coming in still. My stint at TNA just left a sour taste in my mouth. I had been wrestling now for the past four years and I felt like I had nothing to show for it.

Asher would be home soon. I hadn't seen him in a week. He was TNA champ and aside from working their Wednesday show, he had press. Plus, he had a lot of brand deals he was working on. Asher has been working just as hard as I had, if not more.

"Babe! I'm home!"

"In the kitchen!"

I heard his bag hit the floor. He smiled when he saw me, instantly pulling me to him.

"I missed you," he mumbled into my neck.

"I missed you, more."

He turned me to him and lifted me on the kitchen counter. As he moved between my legs, our lips locked. I missed his presence. I missed his touch.

"What have you been up to?" he asked.

"Nothing much. Just trying to figure out what's next."

"Take all the time you need. It's a big decision."

"I know, champ."

"Tony has been asking about you. I made it clear to him that I had no influence on where you decided to go next. He's really trying to get you to come to AEW."

"I don't want to put myself in a position again where I'm used as a pawn, you know."

"While it would be great to travel with you, I just want you to be happy. We've always made it work. Wherever you decide to go will be no different."

"If I sign with WWE, I'll be heading to NXT. So, aside from live shows, I'll pretty much be here."

"I have the title now, but it won't be that way forever. You know me, I always need a backup plan. These brand deals and endorsements that I have are just adding more to the bank."