Hiatus

|Vaughn's POV|

Since the miscarriage last year, I have been working hard to balance all the things from what I do in the ring to my ventures outside of it. Throw in being a wife and having a husband who does the same thing I do. Our schedules have been offset since we had our vacation. To say I miss him is an understatement. Speaking of...

Hello.

There's the love of my life. Hoping I would catch you before you got on your flight.

Hey, handsome. Yeah. I was just about to get in the Uber. Where are you?

I opened the door and there he stood. I dropped everything I had and jumped in my arms, he caught me with ease.

"Babe! I wasn't expecting to see you until tomorrow."

"I know, but why stay in a hotel by myself when I can fly across the country and see my wife in person."

He grabbed my bag and I locked up.

"You know, I can carry my own luggage."

He laughed.

"You could, but you don't have to."

I canceled my Uber as I got in the car he just arrived in. Heading to the airport, we were going from Florida to Buffalo for Raw. Tuesday I had a meeting at WWE headquarters and I was ready to let this title go. I was staring out the window when I felt Asher's hand on my leg. I scooted closer to him, laying my head on his shoulder.

"What's bothering you?"

I sighed.

"I have been thinking so much about just how much longer I want to hold on to this title. I just feel like life is leading me in a different direction. I know I'm still under contract and I don't want to leave WWE forever, but..."

"You're ready for a break."

I nodded.

"I hear you babe. You've been going at this non stop from the time you were 16 and look how far you've come. I know there's plenty more you want to accomplish, but I also know how the miscarriage affected you and how your focus has shifted since then. Plus, being around your siblings and seeing them with their kids, I know it's getting to you. It's okay to feel how you feel, Vaughn."

I didn't say anything else the remainder of the car ride or on the plane. How Asher is able to read my mind the way he does still freaks me out. We arrived at the hotel and I wasn't scheduled to be at the arena for another couple of hours. Asher had gone and showered after I did. I was sitting on the bed, in my own little world. I didn't notice Asher had come out until I felt his arms around me.

"Talk to me, babe. Whatever you want to get off your chest or process, I'm right here."

"I always thought that this is all I would ever want. I've dreamed of being a WWE superstar for as long as I can remember. This is in my blood. Seeing my dad, my uncles. My grandfather built this to what we know it as now. This past year, I couldn't ask for more. I got what I wanted, but now that I have it, it's not my focus anymore."

He nodded in understanding.

"I just... What if we can't have kids again?"

"Don't think like that V. Women that miscarriage have gone and had children after."

"What if something is wrong with my body and..."

"This is why I didn't want you rushing back. You haven't processed things."

"I am processing it, Asher."

"Hey, I'm not fighting with you. I know you threw yourself back into work, but I think it was premature. I think it would've been better for you to take some time, but I get it. Work is what you know. It brings you comfort and who am I to stand in the way of that. I can't micromanage how you grieve, Vaughn. I just... Hearing you doubt being a mother and having children, it hurts me."