Girl Trouble

|Jamie's POV|

Sunday's are our reset days. We usually bring the girls with us to help straighten up. Unless there's a competition coming up, we reserve practices for a few afternoons a week. We don't overwork our girls.

Our oldest girls, Olivia and Bianca we're getting their homework done while our youngest, Mikayla and Addison were playing. I heard Izzy yelling and went to see what was going on. She had Livy and BB shook. She was livid about something.

"Izzy, what's going on?"

"These two thought it would be a bright idea to smoke an e-cigarette with Ava."

I locked eyes with my daughter who instantly put her head down.

"Bianca, look at me."

She shook her head. Yeah, no. Not doing this today. I went over to her, lifting her chin.

"Is that true?"

"Mommy, I didn't..."

"So your Godmother is lying?"

She tried to move her face from mine, but I held her chin.

"Bianca, don't play with me. Answer the question, truthfully."

"I did, but it wasn't for long. I didn't like it. None of us did."

I took a step back because I was going to pop this girl right in her mouth for lying to me.

"Why the hell would the two of you do that? We've had a talk about this, more than once."

Olivia shrugged.

"We just tried it, no big deal. Can you guys stop yelling now?"

Izzy was about to charge at her, but I pulled her back.

"Calm down, Izzy. We don't need to handle this here anyway. Girls, get your bags, we're heading home."

They got up to start picking up their things. I turned to Izzy. Don't get me wrong, I was pissed they would do something like this. Izzy on the other hand, her and Olivia have been butting heads more than usual.

"You good?" I asked her.

"I'm fine."

"Who told you about the e-cigarette?"

"Sharna called me. She said she found it in Ava's book bag. Ava apparently got it from a friend, but tried to throw Teo under the bus."

"No..."

"Yup. I don't know the details of when or where they tried it. They were at my house for their little sleepover last night, but I didn't have eyes on them, Tyler did. Still, they could've done it at any time. I don't know how long Ava had it. They're quick and sneaky."

"That they are."

"Did you hear that Olivia? How nonchalant she was about it? You know, she's going to go home and cry to Tyler about it."

"Well, Ty isn't going to side with her on this one."

"It doesn't matter. He's going to want to handle it, but fuck that. I got this one."

"Just make sure you're not angry. Either of us being angry can lead to us doing irrational shit."

"I know, I know. I'll cool down before I deal with her. She can give her sob story to her father if she wants to. I used to do it all the time with mine and you know what, it never worked."

I started laughing. I knew how my uncle was.

"Of course Uncle Paul didn't let you off the hook."

"Sure didn't. Honestly, I just made it worse on myself by getting him involved when my mom would punish me."