No Snitching

|Wyatt's POV|

Today is such a bad day and now I'm in trouble for something I tried to get my sister not to do. I wasn't going to leave her with those new kids. I had to do something. The pranks at first weren't that bad. Mommy has been taking things away this week since daddy wasn't home and we didn't get good reports at camp. No dessert, earlier bedtime. Stuff like that.

Then today Madison came up to me with her new friends saying they were pulling this prank on Ms. Anderson. I told her she was stupid and tried to stop her, but she wanted to follow them. I had to go with her. I couldn't leave her with strangers. I had to do something.

"Wyatt..."

I've been giving Madison the silent treatment and she hates when I do that.

"Don't talk to me."

"Stop being mad at me," she whined.

"This is all your fault! You just had to follow behind them!"

"You know, you didn't have to tag along. I told you I was fine."

I squinted my eyes at her.

"I wouldn't let you get in trouble alone with them. We don't know them. Daddy said to always have your back."

"You didn't have my back when I got in trouble at WrestleMania."

"You sound stupid. You were with our cousins and I tried to tell you guys you would all get in trouble. You didn't listen to me. Just like you didn't listen to me today! Now look. Mommy and daddy are mad at us, again."

"Whatever. It won't be that bad."

"Did you not see daddy's face? I didn't even know he was coming home today."

"Me either," she mumbled.

"After the last prank, I told you, let's leave those guys alone."

"I like them, though. They're cool."

"Yeah, you like getting in trouble like a dummy."

"Stop calling me that! Just shut up."

"You shut up and leave me alone!"

She stood up and got in my face.

"Or what?"

I took the nearest pillow and chucked it at her face. She screamed, charging at me and punching my arm. I pushed her back. We were full on wrestling now when I heard daddy's voice.

"Hey!"

Of course they broke up the fight. My dad told me to never hit a girl, but she was getting on my nerves. So annoying. Then she just had to call me a dufus. I didn't want to be here in trouble. It wasn't fair. I was really, really mad.

I didn't mean to stick my middle finger up at him. From the sound my mom and sister made plus the look on my dad's face. I'm in big trouble.

"Daddy..."

I didn't get to finish my sentence as I was pulled off the couch and he landed hard swears on my bottom. My dad's hand hurts so much. I couldn't imagine him spanking me with anything else. Just looking at his belt scared me.

"Daddy, I'm sorry!" I cried out, hoping he would stop.

He landed one final swat before he turned me to face him. I stood there crying. I hate getting spanked. I hate it, hate it, hate it!

"Don't you ever let me see you do something like that again. You understand me?"

I quickly nodded, wiping my tears. He gave me a hug which made me feel better. He held me a little longer before he let me go.