Gone for the Summer

|Logan's POV|

We've been out of school for over a month and I spent the majority of that time hanging out with Teo. He's going on vacay with his family before he leaves for college. They just want to get away from everything.

It's been a hectic few months. Pretty tense. Since my mom released the statement she's been going full throttle with work and so has my dad. Dad went to a conference in California and ran into Michael. There was a fight between them and once my mom found out, she was pissed.

I honestly have seen many of them together since my dad got back. I heard them arguing and fighting a few times. I knew something like this could come between them. I have my sisters asking me if they're alright. I sure hope so.

Samantha is going on vacation with her family pretty much for the rest of the Summer, so this will be the last week I see her until she gets back. I've enjoyed spending time with her, but I need to get back to training. We start up at the end of July and I have two more weeks before that. I work out daily, but I need to ramp it up. Best person to call? My Uncle Zach. He answered after a few rings.

Hello.

Hey, Uncle Zach.

Logan, what's up?

Nothing much. Hope I'm not disturbing you.

Not at all. You know you can call me at any time. What's on your mind?

I uh, need a favor.

What favor?

Can I uh, come stay with you and Aunt Kylie for a couple weeks. I need to get some training in for the season. I mean, we have practice starting at the end of July, but I want to get in even more shape.

If it's cool with your parents, sure.

I sighed when he mentioned them.

Mm, what's that sigh for?

Nothing.

That's not the truth. Come on, talk to me.

My parents.. They've just... They've been fighting a lot over this whole Michael situation. Livy and Mickey are asking me if they're okay. It just hasn't been the same, Uncle Zach.

Must be a lot on you right now.

It is.

Have you talked to them about it?

Mom is at the studio and dad is at the hospital. It's rare I catch them in the same room. I don't even know if they're sleeping in the same bedroom anymore.

What?

Uncle Zach, it's bad.

Look, I'm more than happy for you to come down and we can train. I still need the okay from your parents. See if you can talk to them today, if not, I'll call them myself. I'll get you on a flight by the end of the week. Alright?

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Anytime. Love you, kid.

Love you, too.

I heard a knock on my door. I yelled come in. I thought it was one of my sisters. I was surprised to see it was my dad.

"Hey son."

"Uh, hey dad. Where's Livy and Mickey?"

"At Jamie and Brandon's for the day. You alright?"

I nodded. He stared at me before shaking his head.