Hard Head

|Logan's POV|

We've been back in town from Mania for a few weeks now. Let's catch up, shall we?

School will officially be over in about a month. Teo will be leaving for college this Summer. He's officially committed to the University of Alabama so he won't be too far from home. Well, a reasonable flight away. Plus, mom and dad said I could go to some of the games this fall.

Speaking of my mom, she's been different since she's taken on this job. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is off. My dad said whatever it is, for me not to worry about it and he'd handle it. I just want to make sure she's good. That asshole she was working with got into her head. If I were to ever seen him in person, I'd for sure knock him out.

As for my love life, my parents met with Sam's parents. They seem to get along just fine. Her dad is pretty strict with her and has a ton of rules. Hey, it's not on me that his daughter is sneaky. My dad said I need to play it safe. I'm doing my best with that, I guess.

Now that we're settling back in, Olivia's birthday party is this weekend. Some boy she likes is supposedly coming. Yeah, no. I've been trying to talk my mom out of it, but she said it's not my birthday and to mind my business.

I got a text from Sam asking if we would be hanging out after school. Teo and I were going to ride dirt bikes and 4-wheelers with the guys later. Neither of our moms approved and our dad's weren't fans either. Still, what they don't know won't hurt them.

"Logan!"

I turned my game off, going downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was cooking breakfast. She looked tired. I gave her a hug.

"Morning, mom."

"Morning, sweetheart."

"You okay?"

She looked at me confused.

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You just look tired, that's all."

She gave me a soft smile.

"You know, I'm supposed to worry about you. Not the other way around."

"You're my mom. Of course I'm going to worry about you. I mean, what would I do without you?"

"You'll survive. I'm good though."

I shook my head as my sisters came in.

"Mom, you've been working really hard. You know, you should take a break."

"Don't worry, she is," I heard from behind me.

My dad entered, kissing both my sisters on their foreheads. He gave me a pat on my back before hugging and kissing my mom.

"I'll be done with rehearsals for this tour soon enough. I don't need both of you making a fuss over me."

"Isabella..."

Once my dad said her full name, I knew she was about to go off. 3, 2, 1...

"Tyler, enough! I'm fine. Let me do my damn job."

She left the kitchen.

"I didn't mean to make her upset," I quietly said.

"You didn't," he muttered.

"Daddy?"

He turned his attention to Mickey. It was rare we saw our parents go at it. I hadn't seen much and my sisters have seen even less.

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"Is mommy okay?" she asked.

Mickey hated when anyone around her was upset. She for sure feeds off the emotions of others.