Parent-Teacher

|Rory's POV|

I'm so happy for my little sister. I know how much she's always wanted to be a mom, but wanted to have her career first. Now she gets to experience both.

Murphy went back to the city this morning and I decided to work from home today. I had back to back meetings all morning and didn't come out of my office until just after noon. I was making lunch when I heard the front door open and close.

"Ro!

"In the kitchen!"

I heard his footsteps coming my way. He looked bothered when he saw me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that. The school called me saying they couldn't reach you. I tried calling and no answer. I called your office thinking you went there, but nothing. I pull up here and see your car. Something wrong with your phone?"

"Oh, I'm sorry babe. I was in meetings all morning and forgot to take my phone off Do Not Disturb. This is the first time I'm coming out of my studio."

He let out a sigh.

"Ro, you can't do that. You have to be reachable at all times. Even I don't put my phone on Do Not Disturb. You can just silence it."

"Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. You hungry?"

He shook his head and went over to the sink to wash his hands.

"Bash..."

"Yes, Aurora?"

"My full name, really?"

"I was worried something happened."

I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his body. He held me close to him.

"I apologize for making you worry. I will silence my phone from here on out. See, I'm fine. I'm right here in your arms. I'm good."

He just stared at me.

"I know with everything going on, you're even more worried. I'm not going to meet with Kyle in person. I talked to Murphy about it. You're both right, I need to leave that in the past."

"This Kyle bullshit wasn't why I was worried. You're my wife, if I can't reach you, that's an automatic red flag for me. I just want to make sure you're good."

"I am."

"I'm glad we don't have to go back and forth about this so-called apology. We have our own lives to worry about. Nothing with Kyle is a priority."

"You're right. So, will you join me for lunch? I made enough. Oh, I need to figure out dinner."

"Don't worry about that. My mom asked about coming over for dinner. She's bringing food."

"Cool. That works for me."

I moved to make both him and I a plate. Sitting down, I remembered he said something about the school not being able to reach me.

"Wait, you said something about the school calling you. What happened?"

"Madison's mouth got her in trouble. Her teacher informed me that her and some girls are going around calling each other bitch this and bitch that."

I tried to hold back my laugh.

"Ro..."

"I'm sorry. It's not funny, but it's funny. My friends and I used to curse around each other all the time."

"I did too when I was that age. I just made sure I didn't get caught."

When he said that, I knew this was about to go left.