Feelings

|Logan's POV|

Thanksgiving is here and I'm hiding out in my room, playing the game. It's only a matter of time before...

There was a knock on my door. I paused the game, hoping no one thought I was in here. The knock was harder. I sighed, getting up to open the door. It was my dad.

"Hey, dad."

"What are you doing?"

"Just playing the game."

"Your mom is looking for you."

"Can you tell her..."

"Shut the game off and come downstairs, Logan."

"But..."

"You played the game pretty much all day yesterday without any interruptions. Today is Thanksgiving and your mother wants you downstairs."

"Can I get an hour..."

He just glared at me.

"Your uncles are downstairs and I'm sure they'll jump on the game later. For now, your mother wants you downstairs."

"Alright, fine," I mumbled.

"Leave your attitude up here."

I didn't say anything else. He closed the door and I finished my game before going downstairs. As I hit the landing, my grandfather made his presence known.

"There you are."

"Yeah, here I am," I mumbled.

He raised his brow.

"You okay?"

"Mm hmm."

"Logan!"

I heard my mother's voice and footsteps coming my way. Once she locked eyes with me, she smiled.

"Glad you finally came downstairs. Are you hungry? There's some breakfast left.

As she said that, the doorbell rang.

"That would be your uncles," grandpa commented.

He opened the door and you could hear the loud voices and laughter. They hugged each and every one like it had been years since they've been around each other. My mom always told me how important their brotherhood was. She stood there smiling as they came in, hugging her as well. This would be a great opportunity for me to sneak...

"When my niece has a baby of her own and he's damn near a grown man. Get over here, son," Uncle Kev said.

So much for taking off.

I gave him and everyone else hugs before they moved further in the house. My mom turned her attention back to me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing mom."

"I know you would rather keep to yourself, but it's Thanksgiving. Could you at least pretend you want to be around your family today?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever."

I walked off leaving her standing there. I was irritated and would rather just be left alone today. There was no particular reason. This isn't the first family event where there's a full house. I went outside to the backyard and laid in the hammock on my phone. I was watching videos when I heard a voice.

"I used to do the same thing when all the family showed up."

I looked up seeing Uncle Zach. He took a seat on the deck and motioned for me to come over. Getting up, I went and took a seat next to him.