Volunteered

|Logan's POV|

My dad and uncles went to Costa Rica to surprise my mom and aunts, but it wasn't really a surprise. This wasn't the first time they popped up on each other's vacations. They always play games like this with each other. Whatever works for them. I definitely don't need details. My dad told me I could stay home alone, just make sure I showed up to school. Since I didn't have plans this weekend, I figured I could just hang out with my little sisters.

I was already going to watch them Sunday night, which was nothing really. After talking to my grandparents, I convinced them that we'd be fine for the weekend and I'd make sure they got to school on time. They told me to clear it with my parents.

During my lunch on Friday, I had a free period right after and so did Erica. We decided to go off campus for food.

"I'm driving," I said, as we walked out of the building.

I didn't miss her rolling her eyes.

"Must you always drive? Remember who had their license first."

"I would've had mine sooner, but I was out here being a..."

"An asshole, a wild child, running behind dusty Samantha?"

I stopped looking at her. She started laughing.

"Really?"

She shrugged.

"Hey, you moved on. Anyways, you can drive. Saves gas for me."

As we reached my car, she went to open the passenger door, but I stopped her.

"I told you when you're with me, you don't touch doors."

She didn't say anything and I made sure she was in before going around to my side and getting in. We drove in silence to get food. There was a strip that had different restaurants. We usually just ended up at the same local restaurant. They knew us by now as we've been there so many times. Once we got seated and put in our orders, I realized I needed to call my parents.

"I need to call my folks. I'll be right back."

She nodded. I headed to the bench outside to call my dad. He answered after a few rings.

Hey, son.

Hey, dad. How's Costa Rica?

It's beautiful. We'll have to come back as a family. You on your lunch?

I'm sure you checked my location, dad.

A yes or no would suffice, Logan.

Yes, I'm out to lunch with Erica. Anyways, I actually called to ask you something.

Go ahead.

I know I volunteered to watch Livy and Mickey Sunday night, but what about the whole weekend?

What?

I mean, I'm going off to college soon. We can spend time together. You and mom have been talking about how it's going to be an adjustment for them once I leave and me not being around all the time. I don't have any plans and neither do they. I already talk to grandma and grandpa about it and they said to clear it with you. So...

You sure?

Dad, they're not babies. I can handle it.

It's still three nights, Logan.

Yeah, I have everything planned out. Tonight we'll keep it chill. Dinner and a movie at home. Tomorrow we'll go to the arcade. Sunday, make sure everything is clean and ready for the week. Yes, I know any homework needs to be done and checked. I got this, dad.