Back and Forth

|Tyler's POV|

I was watching a movie with Izzy when my phone started ringing. I heard the front door open and close. I looked at my watch.

"Birthday boy made curfew," I stated.

Izzy paused the movie and turned the light on just as Logan walked in.

"Hey sweetheart," Izzy said.

"Hey, mom. Hey, dad," he said sitting on the couch.

I could sense something was off with him.

"Enjoy your birthday?" I asked.

He simply nodded.

"What's wrong?" Izzy quizzed.

"Um. There was an incident at Dave & Busters."

"What kind of incident, Logan?"

"I kind of, uh, got into a fight."

"You what?!"

I squeezed Izzy's thigh to get her to calm down. Our two youngest were sound asleep, but we didn't need to be yelling to get answers out of Logan. He came to us, willingly, to tell us what happened. We have to hear him out.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"Well, the lake was cool. Afterwards, we went back to Teo's to change. We went to Dave & Busters and we had a huge table. One of the waiters was flirting with Samantha. I paid him no mind, at first."

Once he mentioned Samantha's name, I already knew where this story was going. I motioned for him to continue.

"I went off to play with the guys. The waiter came over and tried to talk to Sam again. I walked over and overheard her asking him to go away. Sasha got in the middle of it. The guy got disrespectful and called her a bitch, excuse my. language. I stepped to him and he said fuck me and fuck Sam before pushing me. I punched him in his jaw and things escalated from there before security broke it up and we got kicked out."

As I suspected, things got physical.

"I see there's a pattern here with fighting on your birthday," Izzy commented.

I laughed.

"What?"

"When you were in elementary school, this boy was picking on you and we walked in for you party at school to see the two of you in a brawl. Here we are 8 years later and you had another birthday fight," Izzy stated.

"Am I in trouble?"

I shook my head.

"You defended yourself."

"Um, there's a video on social media."

"Of course there is," she mumbled.

"Alright, let us see it," I added.

He handed us his phone and we watched the video a few times. The recorded video matched up to what Logan said. I handed him his phone back and he just sat there.

"One punch would've been enough when you knocked him on his ass."

"I know, but he was being disrespectful to Sam and Sasha. I couldn't just stand there."

"I understand you defending your friend and your cousin, Logan, but you and those hands of yours could really hurt someone," Izzy said.

"Mom, that's the point of a fight."

"Boy, you know what I meant."

"Anything else, son?"

"Yeah, one final thing."