Out of the Blue

|Logan's POV|

I was sitting at lunch with the team when Samantha came over to me.

"Hey, Logan. You have a minute?"

"Sure."

I got up and walked with her outside. Everyone at this point thought we were together. That wasn't the case. We sat on the bench.

"What's up?"

"Um, sorry if you got into trouble last night."

I waved her off.

"That's not on you, that's on me. My parents will get over it."

"Yeah, I'm not making a good name for myself in their eyes."

"Hey, don't worry about that."

"I really like you Logan, so yeah, I am worried about it."

I looked at her.

"I really like you, too. I was almost off punishment from the party I threw with my cousins. Then yesterday they got my progress report and my grades are dropping. Now sneaking out. This isn't on you, it's on me."

"What are you going to do?"

I shrugged.

"Shape up or get my ass kicked."

She laughed.

"You didn't seem threatened by your parents when you came over last night."

"Usually there's a good cop/bad cop with them. One is more upset than the other. Like when I snuck you in, my mom was more upset than my dad was. My grades, my mom. The party, well, my dad was pissed about that."

"Looks like your dad tends to be more on your side."

"When I came in this morning, he wasn't."

"If my dad would've caught me, I'd definitely get a spanking," she muttered.

"You get spankings? At 15?"

"My dad is a Marine. What do you think?"

"I don't have much family in the military, so I wouldn't know. My mom's dad, my Grandpa Paul, he's the scary one. He has these brothers he came up in the wrestling business with. They've become family, my uncles. All of them together, it can be a lot. That's what my mom had to deal with," I commented.

"Yet you complain when you get grounded. Sounds like she had it tougher than you."

"She for sure did."

"What about your dad's parents?"

"My dad said they've gone soft. My Grandpa Damien must've been tougher on him, my uncles, and my aunt."

"That's what my dad says. Grandparents get soft and they're unrecognizable," she added.

We shared a laugh.

"I shouldn't have asked you to come over."

"It's cool, Sammy. Don't stress over that. Whatever consequence I get, that's on me, not you."

"Well from now on, I don't want to sneak around. It's not a secret we like each other."

"I know it's not. You already know how I feel about you."

"Yes, I know. You've had a crush on me since the 5th grade."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"You remember that?"

"I remember the candy and bear you gave me, yes."

Before I could respond, the bell rang.

"Let me walk you to class."