Bigger Than The Whole Sky

I'm never gonna meet
What could've been, would've been
What should've been you

Taylor Swift (Bigger Than the Whole Sky)

|Vaughn's POV|

Back on the road. I just celebrated my birthday. We decided to do a wedding celebration which of course everyone enjoyed. Having my family, friends, and husband all together, I couldn't ask for more. I successfully retained my championship at SummerSlam. I didn't have another title defense until the Royal Rumble. I was building a new feud which I was excited about.

With all good things, there's usually a halt somewhere along the way.

I was sitting in my hotel room, on the bathroom floor, staring at the toilet. I had taken a positive pregnancy test just a week prior and all this blood, I know this what I always hoped wouldn't happen. Only person that knew was Asher. He wasn't here just yet. He had a previous engagement and wouldn't be here until almost showtime.

I'm in a city all alone. I could call my dad. I'm sure my mom would be on the first flight out. I had friends to keep me company. I was stuck, frozen. I've never felt as alone as I do now. I contemplated who to call. I decided on the one person I know who's been through this. I felt my anxiety building waiting for the phone to stop ringing.

Hey, V.

Jamie...

V, you okay? What's going on?

I just started crying. I heard Jamie calling my name. I just couldn't find the words.

Vaughn, what's going on? You're scaring me. Please say something.

I attempted to calm my breathing.

There you go, breathe baby sis.

I listened to her voice telling me to inhale, exhale. I felt calm enough to finally get words out.

I lost it, Jamie.

Lost what? Wait, where are you?

The bathroom floor.

I heard her gasp.

V, I'm so sorry. Do you need me to call anyone?

Asher will be here later. I just.... I just found out last week. We barely celebrated, J. I was so excited. Like this title means a lot, but having a baby?

I know, it's a big deal.

I didn't know how to tell my dad. I hadn't told anyone. We wanted to get to a doctor. I faked a stomach bug so I wouldn't have to wrestle last week. My dad told me to keep him posted and get to a doctor. I started to feel pressure and cramping.

Did you tell Asher about that?

No. I really didn't think anything of it. I'm so stupid.

Hey, you're not stupid. You don't know what you don't know. As much as I wish I had the answers for you, I don't. Sometimes there's no exact reason for this.

Why would my body reject a baby?

I wondered the same thing.

Yeah and now you have 3.

Yes and you'll get yours too, however many that may be.

What if I don't? What if this was my only chance?

I know it's hard not to think that way, but your time will come.

What do I do now? There's so much blood and there's globs in the toilet.