Freedom

|Logan's POV|

Now that I'm a Senior and the football season is wrapping up, I'm going to see if I can go visit Teo for the weekend. Instead of staying on campus, he said we could get a hotel and he could show me college life. Plus, it'd be the perfect time to tour the campus as the scouts from the University of Alabama were checking for me as well. My answer is a hell yeah, but you know, gotta crack my parents.

I have been on my best behavior. Since getting my license over the Summer, my grandparents bought me a car. I haven't missed curfew, once. I drop my sisters off and take them wherever they want to go. I pick up groceries for my mom. I had a hell of a season and it's just time for me to pick the school I want to go to. As for my grades, hanging around Erica's ass, it's a race between us for valedictorian and salutatorian at this point. What more could they ask for?

It was a regular Sunday morning and I was so happy that I could sleep in. Heading downstairs, I went to the kitchen to see both of my parents. Perfect timing.

"Hey mom and dad."

"Hey, sweetie," my mom said, giving me a smile.

"Hey, son. What's up?"

"I want to talk to you and mom about something."

He motioned for me to continue.

"So, you know now that I'm 18, I should be able to do more."

Mom just stared at me, dad raised his brow.

"Do more like what, Logan?"

"Well, a later curfew for starters."

Mom shook her head.

"Your curfew on school nights is 10pm and on weekends, we've bumped it to midnight."

"Can we negotiate 1am?" I quickly countered.

"No, we cannot. Logan, I get that you're 18, but you are still in high school and most importantly, you are not grown."

She was getting upset and pissing mom off would only piss dad off.

"Mom, I'm not saying I am, I was just asking. I'll take my curfew as is."

"Yeah, what did you really come to ask us because your intention wasn't to talk about your curfew," dad commented.

"Teo..."

Mom sucked her teeth.

"I should've known," she mumbled.

"Let's hear him out, babe," dad stated.

She looked between the both of us, rolling her eyes.

"Go ahead and tell me what half-cocked plan you and your cousin came up with."

"Isabella..."

She waved him off, staring me down.

"Teo asked if I could come and hang with him for the weekend."

"Hang with him for a weekend, where?" Mom quizzed.

"At the university mom."

She chuckled.

"You want to go to Alabama to hang with Matteo for a weekend? You're joking right?"

"Mom, come on. I've been on my best behavior, my grades are great, you've had no complaints from teachers about my behavior. Anytime you ask for me to drop Livy or Mickey off somewhere or to pick them up, I do it. If you or dad need me to get groceries or run errands, I do that, too. Plus, I've been wanting to tour the campus and dad said once the season is over, we'd make that happen."