All Grown Up

3 months later

|Logan's POV|

Today is the day I am finally done with high school. My entire family is here in Texas. From my grandparents to my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Like they say, everything is bigger in Texas and my class is pretty large. I graduated not just with honors, but as Salutatorian. Of course Erica came out on top as Valedictorian and I couldn't be happier for her.

It was a hard decision to make, but i decided against going to Alabama like Teo and to the University of Michigan instead. My parents helped a lot in narrowing down my choices and I feel solid in my decision.

Erica would be heading to Columbia University in New York. It's been quite the year for our friendship and i know that she's a huge part of me turning things around. Don't get me wrong, she's a pain in my ass, but I wouldn't trade her or our friendship for the world.

I sat on my bed, going over my speech for the hundredth time. I had it memorized at this point, My parents asked if I needed help and I politely rejected it. Graduating with honors, Salutatorian at that. See, more reasons why I thank Erica. She pushes me to be my best.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door knob slowly turned and there stood my mom. For my parents to have had me as young as they did, I know they couldn't be prouder of where I am today. I also know this was a tough and emotional day for both of them.

"Hey, sweetie," she quietly said.

"Hey, mom."

She came and sat next to me on my bed.

"Still practicing your speech?"

"Yeah, but I pretty much have it memorized. I'll be good."

"I know you will. We'll be leaving soon, but I wanted to give you something first."

I looked at her and she handed me a box.

"Mom, I told you I didn't need any gifts."

She laughed.

"As if you really thought I'd listen. Boy, just open it."

I slid the bow off the box and slowly opened it to reveal an Angel wing necklace.

"I haven't talked to you much about my biological mom. I mean aside from pictures and what my dad told me, I don't know much more than that. He says she was a beautiful person and that I'm literally her spitting image."

"I've asked gramps about her. He's always open with any questions I have."

She smiled.

"I wouldn't expect anything less."

I took the necklace out the box and put it on.

"I know, it's more feminine than manly, but I wanted you to have it. My dad gave it to me on my graduation day as it was her wish for me to have it. You know, take it off to college and always have a piece of her with me. He said she was my guardian Angel. I told myself when my first born went off to college, boy or girl, I'd pass this down. Maybe one day you'll do the same."

"I love it. Thank you, mom. You sure you don't want to keep it?"

She kissed my cheek.

"No, that's for you. I have something else. This is from me and your father. He has something for you, too, but you'll have to wait until after graduation to get that."

She handed me another box.

"Mom..."

"Don't ruin the moment, just open it."