At All Costs

|Bash's POV|

I knew that the day Ro and I got together my life would never be the same. I'm now blessed to have her as my wife and we have four amazing children, two boys and two girls. Her parents have become my parents. She's helped me repair my relationship with both my mother and father. They actually moved to New Jersey Leo's Senior year. Having her by my side to help from family drama to juggling our careers, and now four kids later... I appreciate her more than she will ever know and I go above and beyond to give her that reassurance.

Once I got back to my office, I sent Wyatt off to do his homework with Meghan while I spoke with Madison.

"Why can't I go with Wyatt and Meghan?"

I sat down next to her.

"We need to talk about what happened."

She rolled her eyes and pouted again.

"Hey, don't give me an attitude."

"It's just not fair that I'm in trouble."

"Did I say you were in trouble?"

She just stared at me.

"I got suspended from school. That's a big deal."

"You're right it is, but in this case, I don't put all the blame on you."

"You don't?"

"No. If I saw someone hit anyone I love in the face, I probably would react the same way."

She started laughing.

"Really, daddy?"

"Yes, really. You and Wyatt have a bond that none of us have. You're his twin. You were in mommy's belly together. I always told you to have your brothers back, right?"

She nodded.

"Today, that's what you did. Just when it comes to school, you have to be careful. There are teachers and other staff to handle that. So, as much as you want to tackle anyone that hurts your brother, you can't."

"That's stupid," she mumbled.

"I don't want you getting in trouble any more than you already have. The school punished you for your actions, mommy and I are going to leave it at that. If there's any problems when you go back, you tell a teacher and they'll let me or mommy know."

"So no more standing up for Wyatt?"

I sighed.

"You can stand up for your brother, but you don't have to get physical with someone. You get what I'm saying?"

"Yes."

"Alright then. You can go with Wyatt and Meghan now. I have to finish up a few things before we go get your brother and sister."

"Kay, daddy."

She stood up and placed a kiss on my cheek before running off to find her brother. One crisis averted. I finished up what I was doing before going to get Julian and Sophia.

Getting home with the kids, I noticed Ro's car in the garage. I helped Sophia get out of the car as my other 3 ran inside. The house was quiet, aside from the kids playing. I tried calling Ro's phone, but no answer. I got the kids settled with a snack and a movie. They'd be preoccupied with that.

I went upstairs to our bedroom. There she was, sitting on the bed, folding laundry. I noticed she was on the phone. She looked up at me, but didn't say anything. I went to my closet to change. I overheard snippets of her conversation.

Mom, I know. I just... No, he just got home with the kids. Of course I'm going to tell him. We just have kids now and getting that call made my heart drop.