Chapter 1: 22

★ ★ ★

Bora didn't want to go out, her final papers were in two days, she needed to study hard, harder than ever because one of them is the toughest of all subject for her, Thermodynamics. It was also the last paper she will be writing as a student. Graduation was just around the corner and she didn't want to fuck up in any way.

But her best friend, Lee Sung Ho, had another plan for her because tomorrow was her birthday. In his words, she has to party hard and let loose because she will soon be with her soulmate, the one fated and destined for her alone. And in that case, she wouldn't ever have the chance of being a single wild girl in a club partying and celebrating her birthday.

"Bora baby, you can continue studying tomorrow, you will be 22 in few hours and all your thoughts will be that of your soulmate, so you should enjoy the single life while you still can." Sung-ho coaxed her, finding every words in his head that could do the convincing job for him. His best friend was stubborn especially when it comes to her studies.

"And Sung-ho,"Bora drawled, "Isn't that a good thing? My thoughts being consumed by my soulmate, after all we were made for each other." Bora replied before going back to typing, adding to the revision draft she was making. The sound of her fingers hitting the laptop keyboard in fast pace filled the room as silence took over. But not for too long for Sung-ho to think of another persuading statement that will get his party pooper bestie out of that study-hard shell.

Not that she always a party pooper, just only when she's studying or needs to study.

"You're right but look, all our friends are already waiting for us at the club, I've organised everything, all you need to do is close the laptop, go take a nice shower and get dressed, I've even picked out the perfect outfit for you." He just lied because he hadn't organised anything neither are their friends waiting for them. It was just supposed to be him and her. But he knew one text to the group chat, the one excluding Bora will do the trick, those set of friends are never dulling so he was sure if he could get her to go shower, a quick chat with the guys will set everything in motion.

"Now that sounds like a sweet plan and I cannot be the party pooper by not attending the party my dear friends have organised for me." She hibernated the laptop before closing it and getting up to stretch out the muscles after hours of sitting and learning. And to be honest, nothing was actually installing in the memory part of her brain and that's why she has been sitting for hours, trying to grasp something but absolutely nothing was stored in her retentive memory.

The thought of her soulmate was what had occupied her entire thoughts, she was already feeling giddy that the next day was her birthday and she knew very soon one of them will have the Soul Dream that will lead them to each other. She remembered all the sweet soulmate stories her mother had told her when she was growing up, especially the ones with her loving father. Till now, the old couple still bask in their love like it was the first time and that's what she wanted.

What she has been dreaming of.

She's a wild girl, no doubt, she was just scared of the fact that she'll mess up her final paper as nothing she read assimilated so far. She was scared of failing. She was scared of a red mark amidst all the blue ones she has gotten over the years of studying chemical engineering. And it was because of this reason she has been telling Sung-ho no, that she didn't want to go to the club.

But she definitely can't be a rude friend that makes her friends effort of throwing her an overnight birthday party go to waste.

"That's my girl, I'm going to make sure this will be a night to remember in the history of your birthdays, I'm going to spoil you naughty. Now carry that fat ass of yours to the bathroom and do what you gotta do." Sung-ho said, giving her a smile he considered a victory smile. He will definitely spoil her because he does have the capability to do that. He's actually one of the sons of the CEO to a huge electronics company here in South Korea, LG.