Chapter 34 : Figuring

★ ★ ★

"Guys, I'm sorry. You all just looked too tense and I wanted to lighten the air but apparently that wasn't the right joke." Bora apologises quickly seeing her words didn't hit right. Although she has been feeling afloat since she woke up but she was also trying her best to stay firm within her mind, but she notices how she has terribly failed staying firm, she kept slipping and allowing the after-feeling of bonding settle within her and taking control of her mind.

It's a buzzing feeling; exciting and out of control.

"Hey, don't apologize. It's okay. We just already wish we've bonded with you so your words are really uhmm, torturing but in a sweet way." Hoseok assured her quickly.

"Plus, you're just a brat. So it's expected but doesn't make it any less surprising and you're extra brash this morning, guessing it must be the new bond." Jimin says to her, smiling at her.

"I guess so too." Bora nodded, returning the smile he threw her way and all of a sudden he was looking even more beautiful than she knew, she realised once again that she was blessed. Granted there was still more to know about each other but knowing they are sweet, caring, naughty and beautiful, it warmed up her inside. Those were very good qualities every woman wants in a man, in their soulmate.

"I think we should start from you explaining how last night went, I mean what happened after the kiss and why did Jin seem nonchalant when we were in the room to the fact that he couldn't just not bond with you?" Yoongi says directly to Bora and Jin. They needed to start understanding how it works, what to expect and how to go about it moving on.

"I'll start." Jin said and prepared his mind, trying to recall exactly how he felt and what happened.

"After the kiss-"

The front door opened stopping Jin from talking any further especially when the person who opened the door walked in, closed the door, turned around to face them while still standing at the entrance.

It was surprising.

It was surprising to see Namjoon standing at the doorway, hands on his side while trying not to fiddle with the hem of his sweater. His eyes moving from one face to the next and when it finally landed on Bora, he didn't move his eyes away from her, locking their gazes.

He knew what he had to do, needed to do.

That was his reason for rushing back home, while he was eating his ordered breakfast that was hamburger and fries with an iced coffee latte, he started to think about what Yoongi told him over the call, the question was does he wants his soulmate, the answer rang in his mind and before he could allow those bad thoughts to come chase away his firm answer, he left the company to come home and do what is right. Apologize.

Bora once again felt that massive feeling, love, that she has for the man, her soulmate standing on the other side of the room, fill up her heart. But the questions took over the remaining space in her mind; why is he back? Is he here to continue accusing her falsely even after the reveal? Or did he come to apologize for his wrongdoings?

'Apologize? That doesn't sound like something he will do. At least not yet.' Bora thought, laughing in her mind recalling how he hurled insulting words at her. She was starting to feel the hurt so she removed her gaze and directed them to her laps with her fingers laced together resting on it.

The guys looked at Namjoon wondering what his next move will be but they were also hoping he behaves especially Yoongi who was so much hoping it's what they discussed few hours ago that convinced him to come home and apologize to her.