Chapter 17 : Glances

★ ★ ★

'Two options; Run or stay?'

Bora's mind was running a marathon, her deliberation speed was maximised. In all honesty, she wanted to stay but she wasn't sure if she could handle seeing all seven of them at the same time without going crazy. Her heart was beating faster than ever, it wasn't an aching pound, it was more of a yearning one. She also wasn't sure if she wouldn't scream and act like a crazy fan hence embarrassing her fangirl ass.

Flight or Fight?

And in a very dramatic way she heard Namjoon's voice from 'Not Today' saying "Today, we fight!". Just like that, she decided to stay, she might have regretted her actions later if she left. She was glad in a way that they didn't come in from the entrance she used, if that was the case, then they would sit closer to her which she was sure that the close proximity would make her pass out.

Besides from them being her Soulmates, she is obviously a huge fan of them, the biggest K-pop group to exist, if her inactive soul bond that makes her heart beat faster didn't make her faint then she was sure the crazy fangirl in her would do just that. And if she didn't faint then she was sure she would have screamed out her excitement.

She was having a fast speed internal dialogue, a dialogue to help calm her heart and nerves, a dialogue to make her use the best of this presented opportunity, a dialogue to assure she was going to act normal and confident.

Once she was sure she was good to go, she inhaled deeply and exhaled, she opened her lunch bag and brought out the two bananas she forgot to eat this morning, she brought out the bottle she had her strawberry smoothie in and a flask of water. She had prepared lettuce chicken wrap. That was what she craved since last night, she even dreamt she was watching videos of it so there was no way she wasn't going to make some for her lunch.

And it was healthy and super tasty.

She was really famished and wasted no time in digging into her wraps and surely stealing glances of her soulmates who had gotten a table that was about 20 feets from her, they looked like they were waiting for their food because there was no food on their table, they were just chatting.

She inwardly cooed at the sight of them joking around and laughing. She couldn't wait to be part of that, she couldn't wait to be one of the reasons they threw their heads back and laugh heartily, she couldn't wait to share their happiness and also be the cause of it.

There was no doubt that from the moment she realised they were her Soulmates, she had fallen deeply for them. It was a matter of the strings that connected their souls because she hasn't met them yet, she doesn't know them except what she sees on screen. She never saw them as fake but she knew it wasn't their all they showed to their fans. They surely have a private life, one which the public didn't need to know.

But one thing was sure; she was the only one that knew their current soulmate situation. Besides their label of course. She knew about all the speculations fans sprouts but as long as they didn't confirm anything, she didn't believe them.

To her, those were fake and unverified news.

'Oh yeah, I'm such a dummy.' She mentally face-palmed. She hasn't checked if there was any change to her eyes or fingernails. So she cleaned her hand on her napkin, still chewing the food in her mouth with pouted lips, she brought out her phone. She could already see that her fingernails had no change in colour, so that left her eyeballs.

She glanced at them again and saw that their food has arrived, she just couldn't help but smile. Her heart swelled with love and now that she was feeling really confident in herself, she wanted to just say 'fuck it all' and go meet them and tell them. She shook her head quickly to remind herself that it's just day one and she wouldn't like her impatience to ruin her chance.