Away for too long || Lucifer

Lucifer x Reader
Bold word: Other characters
Italic word: Him

Lucifer is in the waiting room, holding his plane ticket while waiting for the plane to come in 30 more minutes. Lucifer didn't actually tell you that he's coming home for the new year, he was absent for almost 3 months on a business trip, which made you more sure that he will be gone for more than half a year.

 Lucifer didn't actually tell you that he's coming home for the new year, he was absent for almost 3 months on a business trip, which made you more sure that he will be gone for more than half a year

In 3 months, you're replacing him for taking control of the brothers since the 2nd oldest can't be relied on too. Sometimes he called to check on you and of course, he sends you a weekly budget that's enough for your and the brother's needs. 

On the day Lucifer left Devildom his brother forced him to promise that he'll bring gifts once he was back from the trip, some asked for clothes and stuff, and some just asked for snacks, though you weren't asking for anything other than

"I know you're busy, but if possible can you come back before the new year? You know.. just to spend the time with family rather than paper works and emails."

Lucifer couldn't answer that question. Since the business was important to him. That's why you weren't expecting much from him anyway.

4 hours later
Devildom Intl. Airport

"You know you really don't have to, Diavolo, I'm fine getting my own driver..."

"Well Lucifer, you can't refuse my help either, get in the car anyway"

Lucifer actually didn't expect Diavolo to pick him up at the airport, he didn't even tell Diavolo that he was coming for New Year. But of course, Diavolo knows everything from the Butler Barb. Arriving at the castle, Lucifer was greeted by Barbatos and Luke.

"Welcome back to Devildom, Lucifer" Greets Barbatos, and Luke just stood there feeling unexcited. "Oh look who finally came back after his so-called business trip" Luke sighed in a monotonous tone. Lucifer didn't say anything, he just pass by and tapped Barbatos's shoulder and patted Luke's head which shows how tired he is from the flight.

While waiting for Barbatos to bring over the tea, Lucifer and Diavolo sat on the Garden patio of the castle. "I'm going back to Ontport after Christmas to complete our project" Lucifer affirmed, Diavolo sighed and turn his head to Lucifer, "You can spend your New Year here, I'll take control from here."

Time skip
Almost dinner time, House of Lamentation

You're in the kitchen, making dinner for everyone just like every other normal day, although you weren't expecting a guest. "Good evening, what are you making?" Lucifer checks from behind you while you're making a pot of stew, you answered to him not realizing it was Lucifer.

"Chicken stew, can you pass me the salt?" You commanded the man, Lucifer face palmed his head, "You really forgot about me, didn't you?" he adds. Feeling familiar with the tone of voice you turned around to see Lucifer leaning on the wooden counter. Not wasting every second, you dropped the wooden ladle and smash in to embrace him, ah yes... your warmness quickly spreads through his body.