It's A Terrible Life

An alarm clock flips from 5:59 to 6:00 and starts beeping, and, immediately, a hand shuts it off. Dean gets up from his bed then goes to his closet to pick out his clothes for the day.

Minutes later, he makes himself a cup of coffee from his espresso machine and takes a sip from it. Now dressed up in a business suit and his hair slicked down, Dean leaves his home and crosses the street to a silver Toyota Prius.

Once inside the car, Dean starts it up and Rock music blares out of the stereo. He looks at it, confused, and changes the station. "NPR Morning Edition. It's time for this waste and—" the radio said as Dean smiles then drives off in the Prius.

After pulling up to his workplace, he walks in and goes towards the elevator. He enters it and pushes the floor button when he heard hurried footsteps. "Wait! Wait! Hold the door!" A female voice said and before the door could close Dean holds his hand out to stop the doors from closing.

A woman runs up to the elevator and enters inside, running out of breath. "Thank you, thank you." She said, breathless, and Dean looks over at her. She was very pretty, her (h/c) hair was pulled back in a bun with a few strands of her hair over her face. Her outfit consisted of a black skirt, panty hoes, black heels, a white blouse with a black blazer.

She was holding a brief case in her right hand and her left hand was placed over her chest as she catches her breath. Dean also took noticed that she looked a bit stressed. "Rough morning?" He asked her and she let's out a breathless laugh. "Rough doesn't even begin to describe my morning." She said as the door closes and it begins to move up.

"You wanna talk about it?" Dean asked her and she let's out a sigh. "First, my alarm doesn't go off on time so I had to hurry and get dressed then I spilled coffee on myself so I had to change outfits and don't get me started on the traffic and then it took forever to find a parking spot." She said, quickly, and Dean makes a face like he was getting overwhelmed just by hearing her talk. "And the worst part is this is only my first day here and I don't want to piss off my new boss but I have a feeling he's gonna tear me a new one for being late on the first day." She continues.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll be understanding." Dean said. "I don't know with a name like Mr Dean Smith, it sounds like someone who'd be a hard-ass." She said and Dean's eyes widen at this. This had to be the new assistant Mr Adler told him about.

Dean opens his mouth to say something, but is interrupted by the woman. “Though if you ask me, the name Dean sounds like someone that’s a real horndog. The type that’ll hit on any pretty woman he meets.” She said. Dean raises his eyebrows, taken aback by this statement. “Oh and last name of his, Smith. Sounds more like a made up name for a teacher on a sitcom.” She continued. Dean turns his head away, facing the doors and smirking knowingly. 

The elevator dings and the doors open. “Well, I hope you survive your first day.” Dean said, stepping out of the elevator. “Thanks, so do I.” The woman replied, following him out.

The pair walk down the hallway, with the woman finding it a little odd that they seem to be going in the same direction, but she wasn’t thinking too much of it. Until however they reach Dean’s office, where he stop in front of the door and took out his keys to unlock it.

The woman’s face fell and her eyes widen so big in realization, you swear they were about to pop right out of their sockets.
The door click as it unlocks and Dean turn his head to look at the woman, smirking. “I’ll see you in my office now.” He said, turning the knob and pulling the door open, holding it for her to enter first. She stood there, nervously, and felt awful for the things she just said about her new boss...right in front of her boss.

"I-I-I am so sorry..." she apologized but Dean shrugs as waves his hand, vaguely. "It's okay, Ms..." Dean said, waiting for her to give her name. "Remington. (Y/n) Remington." She replied and Dean gives her a friendly smile.