Get Out While You Still Can

Mark peers through the shades on the window, cautiously. Meanwhile, Sam pulls out a hunting knife and checks the blade as Dean and I load a gun. In the lab, we hear a few things crash and break then Pam and Pete scream.

"Oh God! Is there any on me?" Pam shouts as we look over and see that they dropped some vials of blood. "Are we okay?" Pete asked as Lee looks them over. "You're clean, you guys are okay." She assures them. "Why are we staying here?" Pete asked, angrily. "Please, let's just go!" Pam said, tearfully. "No, we can't, because those things are everywhere." Dean said and Pam begins sinking down and Pete kneels down to his sister.

"Oh God...." She cries and Pete hugs his sister. "Hey, shh, shh." He assures her as Sam looks over at me and Dean. "She's right about one thing. We can't stay here. We've gotta get out of here, get to the Roadhouse? Somewhere. Let people know what's coming." Sam said, quietly. "Yeah, good point. Night of the Living Dead didn't exactly end pretty." Dean said.

"Well, I'm not sure we've got a choice. Lots of folks up here are good with rifles—even with all your hardware we're, we're easy targets. So unless you've got some explosives..." Mark said as Sam glances up at a shelf of medical supplies.

"We could make some." Sam said as he goes to the shelf and takes down a bottle of Potassium Chloride. Just then, someone starts pounding frantically on the front door and we run out.

"Hey! Let me in, let me in! Please!" A voice shouts, frantically. "It's Duane Tanner!" Mark said and he opens the door and lets Duane in. He has a backpack and is limping. "Thank God." Duane said, relived. "Duane, you okay?" Mark asked as Dean turns to me and Sam.

"That's the guy that I, uh..." Dean said then he clicks his tongue. "Yeah." Sam and I replied. "Who else is in here?" Duane asked as he starts to walk towards the back but Dean grabs his arm. "Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there, chief. Hey Doc! Give Duane a good once-over, would you?" Dean said and Lee nods as she leads us back to the lab.

"Pam? Pete?" Lee calls out as Duane looks at Dean. "Who are you?" He asked. "Never mind who I am." Dean said then he turns to Lee. "Doc." He said and Lee nods. "Yeah, okay." She said as she looks him over.

"Duane. Where you been?" Mark asked. "On a fishing trip up by Roslyn. I came back this afternoon. I...I saw Roger McGill being dragged out of his house by people we know! They started cutting him with knives! I ran, I've been hiding in the woods ever since." Duane said then he looks around at us. "Has anybody seen my mom and dad?" He asked and Dean turns to me and Sam, again.

"Awkward..." he said in an attempt joking tone.

Later, Duane was sitting on a stool, his left leg has a deep gash in it. "You're bleeding." Lee said. "Where'd you get that?" I asked him, nodding at  his leg. "I was running, I must have tripped." He said. "Tie him up, there's rope in there." Dean said and Duane looks around in a panic.

"Wait..." he said but Dean pulls his gun on Duane. "Sit down!" Dean orders and Duane looks at Mark. "I'm sorry, Duane, he's right. We've gotta be careful." Mark said. "Careful? About what?" Duane asked.

"Did they bleed on you?" Dean asked him. "No, what the hell? No!" Duane exclaims. "Doc? Any way to know for sure, any test?" Sam asked Lee. "I've studied Beverly's bloodwork backwards and forwards." Lee said and Duane looks at her. "My mom!" He exclaims.

"It took three hours for the virus to incubate. The sulfur didn't appear in the blood until then, so...no, there'd be no way of knowing. Not until after Duane turns." Lee said and Sam looks over at Dean. "Dean, I gotta talk to you. Now." He said and Dean glances at Mark, who nods.

Then Sam gestures for me to follow them and we leave the lab. "This is our vision, Dean. It's happening." Sam said and I nod. "Yeah, I figured." Dean said. "You can't kill him, all right? Not yet. We don't know if he's infected or not." I said to Dean. "Well, I think we're pretty damn sure. Guy shows up out of nowhere, he's got a cut on his leg, his whole family's infected?" Dean said, suspiciously.