Long-Distance Call

Sam and I were walking across a city square toward Dean who was sitting on a bench and talking on his phone. He hangs up then in one motion picks up and throws an unopened can of soda to Sam then to me before he stands up, shoving the last of the food he is eating into his mouth.

"So?" he asked us, still chewing on his food. "So, the professor doesn't know crap." Sam informed and Dean hums. "Shocking." He said. "Pack your panties, you two, we're hitting the road." Dean said.
"What?" asked Sam, confused.

"What's up?" I asked. "That was Bobby. Some banker guy blew his head off in Ohio and he thinks there's a spirit involved." Dean replied. "So you two were talking a case?" Sam asked him. "No, we were actually talking about our feelings. And then our favourite boy bands." Dean said, sarcastically, which made me snort a bit.

"Yeah, we were talking a case!" Dean yells, annoyed. "So a spirit, what?" I asked him. "Yeah, the banker was talking about some sort of electrical problems at his pad for like a week. Phone was going haywire, computer was flipping on and off." Dean replied.

"Huh..." Sam said, unimpressed. "This is not ringing your bell?" Dean asked him. "Well, sure, yeah. But, Dean, we're already on a case." Sam said. "Whose?" Dean asked. "Yours." Sam and I said. "Right. Yeah. Well, you coulda fooled me." Dean grumbles.

"What the hell else have we been doing lately other than trying to break your deal?" Sam asked him, angry and annoyed. "Chasing our tails, that's what. Sam, we've talked to every professor, witch, soothsayer and two bit carny act in the lower 48. Nobody knows squat! And we can't find Bela, we can't find the Colt. So until we actually find something, I'd like to do my job." Dean exclaims.

"Well there's one thing we haven't tried yet..." Sam said and Dean shakes his head once we realized what he was hinting at. "Sam, no." Dean said. "We should summon Ruby." said Sam. "I'm not gunna have this fight with you." Dean grumbles. "She said she knows how to save you." Sam said, hopeful. "Well, she can't." Dean said.

"Oh really, you know that for sure?" Sam asked. "I do. And so does (y/n)." Dean said. "How?" Sam asked, suspicious. "Because she told us!" I said and Sam looks at me.

"What?" he said, shocked. "She told us. Flat out. She can't save me, nobody can." Dean said. "And you guys just somehow neglected to mention this to me?" Sam said, hurt. "Well, I really don't care what that bitch thinks and neither should you, so..." Dean said to him.

"So what, now you guys are keeping secrets from me?" Sam asked and I turned to him. "You really wanna talk about who's keeping secrets from who?" I sneered at him. I was still hurt that he didn't tell me that this Lilith was not only after him but me as well. We stare at each other in silence for a long moment. Sam turns away and starts to walk off. 

"Now where you going?" Dean asked him. "Guess I'm going to Ohio." Sam exclaimed and the three of us began to walk

"I found him there." Mrs Waters tells us as the boys and I, the three of us dressed in suits, follow her into the study area. "Why don't you tell us everything you saw, Mrs Waters." Dean says to her. "You mean beside my dead husband?" She asked, slightly offended. "Just everything else you saw. Please." Sam said and she sighs.

"Blood. Everywhere. The phone was ripped from the wall, his favourite scotch on the desk, what else could you possibly want to know?" she said, upset. "Why was the phone ripped from the wall?" I asked her. "I don't know." She said.

"You mind if I take a look?" I asked her. She waves her hand, vaguely, and I go over to the phone. "I already went over this with the other Detectives." said Mrs Waters. "We'll be out of your hair in no time, ma'am." Dean assures her as I push some of the buttons on the phone. Until I got to an odd number with the time of when it called.