You're A Hunter

"Holy crap, guys!" Dean said after he drinks his Master Cleanse. "Yeah. I could use a beer." Sam said and (y/n) nods as they sit in Dean's upper-class house. "Me too." (Y/n) said. "Oh, sorry, guys. I'm on the Cleanse. I got rid of all the carbs in the house." Dean said and he goes to the fridge and grabbed a couple of water bottles.

"Hey. How the hell did you know that ghosts are scared of wrenches?" (Y/n) asked Dean as he hands her and Sam the water bottles. "Crazy, right?" Dean said, just as shocked and impressed as her. Then he turns to Sam. "And nice job kicking that door too. That was very Jet Li. What are you, like a black belt or something?" he asked and Sam chuckles. "No. I have no clue how I did that. It's like...we've done this before." Sam said.

"What do you mean, before? Like Shirley MacLaine before?" Dean asked him. "No. I-I just can't shake this feeling like I-like I don't belong here. You know? Like I should do something more than sit in a cubicle." said Sam. "I think most people who work in a cubicle feel that same way." (y/n) said and Sam shakes his head.

"No. Well, look, it's more than that. Like, I don't like my job. I don't like this town. I don't like my clothes. I don't like my own last name. I don't know how else to explain it, except that...it feels like I should be doing something else. There's just something in my blood. Like I was destined for something different." he said as Dean and (y/n) watch him. (Y/n) lowers her eyes as she looks down at the floor while Sam looks between the two.

"What about you guys? You two ever feel that way?" Sam asked. "Sometimes, but...I don't know, I guess I just deal with it." (Y/n) said. "And I don't believe in destiny. I do believe in dealing with what's right in front of us, though." he said and Sam nods.

"All right, so, what do we do now?" He asked. "We do what I do best, Sammy. Research." Dean said. "Okay." Sam said but stops and gives Dean a puzzled look. "Did you just call me Sammy?" he aske. "Did I?" Dean said, confused. "I think you did. Yeah. Don't." Sam said. "Sorry." Dean said. "Well...let's get to work, boys." (Y/n) said as she stands up and claps her hands together.

Later, the trio each had their own laptop and do as much research as they could until (y/n) speaks up. "Oh, jackpot." she exclaims and the boys turn to her. "What you got?" Sam asked her. "I just found the best site ever. Real, actual ghost hunters." she replied, smiling, and Sam and Dean go over and stand on either side of her to see.

"These guys are genius. Check it out." she said as she shows them the website of the Ghostfacers, where there were tons of videos. "Instructional videos." Dean said as (y/n) pulls up a video of Ed and Harry, both of them wearing lab coats.

"We know why you're watching." Ed said, in a serious tone. "You've got a problem." Harry said, in a similar tone as Ed. "A ghost problem." said Ed. "A ghost-related problem. A ghost-it's like a ghost-adjacent pr-it's like a problem that's-and the ghost is-" Harry tries to explain but Ed rolls his eyes and talks over him.

"Whatever. You've come to the right place. The only decent place, really, because the Ghostfacers know how to solve it." he said. "Period." Harry said. "Watch and learn." Ed said. "See, the first step in any supernatural fight..." Harry started to say then he and Ed say the next line, in unison. "Figure out what you're up against."

Dean, Sam and (y/n) exchange looks at this.

Sam, on his laptop, pulls up an article about the death of Sandover's founder; it has a picture of him. "That's him. That's the ghost." Dean said and Sam begins to read. "P. T. Sandover. Died 1916. Devoted his life to his work. No wife, no kids. Used to say he was the company, and his very blood pumped through the building." Sam reads. "Wow, okay. So slight workaholic." Dean said with a bit of sarcasm.